Why become a member? ×

Randall RB2000 aincient bi-amp head - any knowledge

OldGit

I seem to have accidentally bought a Randal RB2000 375/125 watt Bi-amped bass head ... I think it weighs 3 tons so a minor blip in the move to lighter gear ... I saw it on eBay and .. I am sure you know how it goes .. too much late night coffee, :huh:

I haven't got it yet but does anyone know anything beyond the talkbass and harmony central stuff? Scant info there either beyond "if it was stolen I'd scour the net for another" which is reassuring.

Randall these days seems to aim at the death metal market ... :)

Randall have kindly sent me PDF's of the schematics (thanks!) but no manual.

A shop selling one in the US says this
"RB 2000 Biamp Bass Head - Rack-mount (three spaces). 375 watts into the bottom, 135 watts into the top. Built-in crossover. It plays loud and clear!"

That's about it from my google searches ...

Any other info?

Thanks
OG

[quote name='The Funk' post='185522' date='Apr 25 2008, 07:13 PM']Mr Randall used to work at Fender under Leo Fender. That's all I know. And you probably knew that already.[/quote]

Yeah Ta Funk
The guys on Talkbass knew a bit. Randall have now sent me a manual too.
It's a neat Bi-amp with 275@8ohms or 375@4ohms watts on the bass side and 125/175 on the treble .. and you can bridge the two sides too :)
Plenty of EQ that can be switched in and out on a foot switch and a built in compressor..

Weighs more than my current whole rig (including the car, I think) but kinda fun potential :huh:
OG