Why become a member? ×

PEAVEY TNT 115 Combo

mik900

I've just picked up a Peavey TNT 15 combo(4 ohm) as a bargain to use as a practice amp. It needs a 15'' driver, I have a spare 4 ohm black widow replacement basket. Would it be ok to use this speaker? If so what else do I need with it ie magnet etc and is it all easy enough to connect up?
Many thanks
Mike

IIRC the old TNT150s used to come in two versions - a cheap version with a generic driver installed and an expensive one with a Black Widow driver installed.

I can't quite work out whether you have a 15" Black Widow or just some parts of one, but once you have a complete speaker, it's just a case of connecting two wires.

If it's just a basket then it'll need a cone and a magnet - outside the abilities of an average musical DIYer I'd say.

I've dealt with the Peavey Service Centre a few times over the years and they're top guys so it might be worth dropping them an e-mail to see if they can either provide a reconing service or recommend someone local(ish) to you.

Service Dpt - Peavey Electronics
Great Folds Road
Oakley Hay
Corby
Northamptonshire
NN18 9ET
Phone: 01536 461234
e-mail: [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Black widow were the chassis to have in an era of average 15's. This is why EV, JBL and the like made ground as they were a cut above.
A BW should slot in easiest so go there first but any decent chassis today could work IF you spec the enclosure and chassis right. Iirc the amp will produce 115w into 4 so not a bit ask for a speaker

Where are you based? Somewhere in the depths of my rubbish heap, I'm sure I have a Black Widow with a buggered basket. We can do a deal for the magnet assembly. They are pretty easy to fit - I have done a couple in the past. PM me if you'd like to talk about it.

Edited by GregBass