Why become a member? ×

(London) Looking for the right bass player to start this band (fresh pop/rock)

britpoprule

Hi,

I'm looking for the right people to start this band with, and so, including a bass player.
Please read the full ad before contacting me.

I'm 26 and I live in Ealing, West London.
I'm a singer/songwriter and I play guitar.
Currently not working, and just focused on music.

I'm looking for like minded people.
Possibly in their mid 20's like me, possibly not working full time, possibly brave enough to take the risk of losing a couple of years of their lives, to make it with this band, with all the consequences that requires. This is not just for fun.

Not necessarily the best musicians in the world, but mainly creative, inspired people.
I have a rough idea of the line up. Me as a singer and 3 other members : drummer, lead guitarist and a bass player.
The other 3 can also be songwriters and singers.

I like many types of music. Nothing heavy but mainly melodic and fresh.
Here a few names : The Beatles, Nirvana, Pixies, Oasis, Blur, Red hot chili peppers, MGMT, Foo Fighters, Smashing Pumpkins, Teenage Fanclub, The Stone Roses, Suede, Pulp, Michael Jackson...etc

Guilty pleasures : Robbie Williams, Take That, Guns N' Roses.

Here's the link to what I've recorded these days, on my own, in my room in Ealing.
I'm very bad as a producer. Still got loads of things to learn, but I hope it gives an idea of what I do. I also consider doing something completely different.

[url="http://soundcloud.com/giuseppe-tansella"]http://soundcloud.co...useppe-tansella[/url]

PS
In the last few weeks I've been just looking on gumtree..Could you please suggest me other good websites to find musicians in London?
Thanks

Edited by britpoprule

[quote name='britpoprule' timestamp='1341951265' post='1727000']
Absolutely not, but I mainly play pop, which is very simple and repetitive.
Yes, that 3 songs have the same chords, in the same order, but where is the problem?[/quote]

There isn't one, mate, so pay no heed. I'm minded of the old comedy sketch about a four chord song - and they managed to cover enough tracks, which had earned enough wealth, to suggest that as long as you don't mind, and the punters don't mind, then there's little to worry about.

Not a pop player and wrong end of the country to boot, but best of luck with your search.

And I'm reminded of that little phrase that goes something like 'if you have nothing good to say, then it's best not to say at all.' This thread is for advertising for musicians for a band, not a request for critique over the band's music. If you don't like it, you don't need to apply for the job.

You'd be better off trying to support your fellow musicians people, not having a cheap shot at them.

I can see what you're doing Giuseppe. You got a definate f-ealing for what you're doing and with the right musicians and extra input I'm sure you could find your sound/audience. Your heart is in it but as you said yourself, needs better production and arrangement maybe. Good luck.

Edited by lettsguitars

[quote name='britpoprule' timestamp='1341951265' post='1727000']
Absolutely not, but I mainly play pop, which is very simple and repetitive.
Yes, that 3 songs have the same chords, in the same order, but where is the problem? The songs are still different and If you weren't musicians, you wouldn't tell. And I guess I'm not the only one that uses the same chords for differents songs, especially in pop-rock.
[/quote]
I apologise.
It didn't do Status Quo any harm.

Good luck with fulfilling your ambitions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...