Why become a member? ×

FODERA 6 STRING ANTHONY JACKSON SIGNATURE - SOLD

gridchin

34" neck-through
AJ [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Signature[/font][/color] (non-chambered)
Burl-camphor top (full top, a $500 extra)
2 single coil Aero pups in one case
Mike Pope preamp
Extended Low B
Mahogany body wing with burl chestnut tone block
Maple neck with purple heart stringers
Violin quality ebony fretboard
Fodera gigbag included
11.5lbs

Sold.

Edited by gridchin

Saw this on talkbass, it's simply one of the most gorgeous instruments I've ever seen.

If only I had 6k euros to spare...I guess you don't accept 250 euros for 24 months right? Aahhahahah take this as an appreciation bump! :P

Very realistic price for one of these (given recent dramatic hikes in Fodera pricing). The chestnut is gorgeous - looks very similar to the top on the MG5 I owned - probably from the same piece. Great, focused tone from Foderas too - the boards are (sadly) just far too wide for me. Bump for a very lovely instrument.

I'll add to the choir, but with a discordant note I'm afraid: this isn't an AJ presentation.

Anthony Jackson presentations are described in more detail here [url="http://www.fodera.com/main/BassModels.aspx?SeriesID=9"]http://www.fodera.com/main/BassModels.aspx?SeriesID=9[/url] . Notable is the 36" scale, which has been one of mr. Jackson's absolute must have features for decades now. According to him, that scale just speaks better, but 35" is the commercial maximum: 'sh*t's gotta sell' says he.

However, to turn this around: I have an earlier AJ contrabass guitar, and I find that the 36" is not at all necessary for a fantastic B string: look at Roscoes! I'm fairly sure that for most players, the 34" scale that this bass has is (much) better than the 36".

[quote name='nobody's prefect' timestamp='1342003880' post='1727722']
I'll add to the choir, but with a discordant note I'm afraid: this isn't an AJ presentation.

Anthony Jackson presentations are described in more detail here [url="http://www.fodera.com/main/BassModels.aspx?SeriesID=9"]http://www.fodera.co...aspx?SeriesID=9[/url] . Notable is the 36" scale, which has been one of mr. Jackson's absolute must have features for decades now. According to him, that scale just speaks better, but 35" is the commercial maximum: 'sh*t's gotta sell' says he.

However, to turn this around: I have an earlier AJ contrabass guitar, and I find that the 36" is not at all necessary for a fantastic B string: look at Roscoes! I'm fairly sure that for most players, the 34" scale that this bass has is (much) better than the 36".
[/quote]

Hi! It's an Anthony Jackson Signature Presentation shape, It's written on the description.

I have never played a 36" scale bass, but I did a 35". And I have to admit 34" scale is far more comfortable then a 35". The low-B is just awesome. So, you are right :)

Edited by gridchin

[quote name='XB26354' timestamp='1342025884' post='1728380']
I've been looking for an AJ Presentation for ten years. Such a shame it's not what the title says it is. Perhaps it's worth changing it?
I might take a punt anyway :)
[/quote]

Holly Wagner from Fodera replied me that "It is listed as a Anthony Jackson Signature". So it's your chance to get one :)

Edited by gridchin

[quote name='SpinalTap' timestamp='1342124968' post='1730156']
Fantastic bass, and good price.
If this was a 5 string, I would rob my own savingsaccount.
Good luck with the sale, but this shouldn't last long.
[/quote]

Thank you!!! Cheers! :)