Why become a member? ×

Orange Terror Bass 500w Upgraded - SOLD

JPJ

[b]Orange Terror Bass 500[/b]

I recently purchased this lovely little Orange Terror Bass 500w amp head off our very own GarethFriend on here in February of this year. Prior to purchasing this, the valves had been upgraded to include a NOS Jan Phillips 5751 in the first position and a JJ 12AX7 in the second position, which have the effect of cooling down the gain meaning she stays cleaner a lot longer than the stock valve version and gives much more of that 'British' tone with a smooth less knarly overdrive.

These amps include an impedance switch so that they can deliver their full 500w into either a 4 or an 8 ohm load and believe me, these are loud. I've been pairing this with my Schroeder 21012 and even up against a loud drummer and a 100w Marshall equipped guitarist in a loud'ish rhythm and blues quartet, I've never needed the master past 11 o'clock.

The amp comes with the original box, the neat little Orange gig bag, a mains lead and an inline DI attenuator. Apparently, the DI on these can be a little hot as it is post master, but on the couple of occasions that I've gigged her, the sound man has either not taken the bass in the PA or had no problem with the normal output, so I haven't actually used the attenuator yet!

Price wise, I'm only looking to get back what I paid in February so £360 + postage. I'm only selling her as I am about to be made redundant and can't afford to have money tied up in two amps.

Sorry about the quality of the iPhone photos but I'm without a pucka digital camera at the moment. If anybody wants any further pictures, please ask.

Cheers,

Kev

Edited by JPJ

[quote name='bassickman' timestamp='1341937591' post='1726568']
I'd be interested. But I have seen one on ebay for £400 with a cab. I would only be willing to pay £300?
[/quote]

Thanks for the offer but I'm going to hold out for my asking price (or very near offer)

I've just paid £450 from DV247 inc 4 yr warranty. That was the best price and they even beat thomann.
With the upgrades I think your price is fair.
These are top amps and I would have had yours and saved myself a ton had it been up for sale six weeks ago.
Good luck with the sale and Job hunt

[quote name='thebuckets' timestamp='1342002200' post='1727666']
I've just paid £450 from DV247 inc 4 yr warranty. That was the best price and they even beat thomann.
With the upgrades I think your price is fair.
These are top amps and I would have had yours and saved myself a ton had it been up for sale six weeks ago.
Good luck with the sale and Job hunt
[/quote]

What this guy said ^ ^

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1341931440' post='1726401']
[b]Orange Terror Bass 500[/b]

Price wise, I'm only looking to get back what I paid in February so £360 + postage.

Cheers,

Kev
[/quote]

Hi Kev

How much is the postage on this? just a first class stamp i guess......... they are small. :lol:

Seriously though, i'm really interested so let me know.

cheers

thebassman

[quote name='thebassman' timestamp='1342009118' post='1727899']
Hi Kev

How much is the postage on this? just a first class stamp i guess......... they are small. :lol:

Seriously though, i'm really interested so let me know.

cheers

thebassman
[/quote]

PM me your postcode and I'll get a quote. When I bought this, shipping from Derby to Killingworth was £22 with Royal Mail next day tracked service.

[quote name='JPJ' timestamp='1342011103' post='1727963']
PM me your postcode and I'll get a quote. When I bought this, shipping from Derby to Killingworth was £22 with Royal Mail next day tracked service.
[/quote]Could you quote me for this too? PM inbound.

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1342011454' post='1727976']
Could you quote me for this too? PM inbound.
[/quote]

All pm's replied. Postage appears to be £29 for guaranteed next working day before noon insured to a value of £400 for mainland UK. I'm willing to split this 50/50 with any buyer offering on or very near to the asking price.