Why become a member? ×

Blocking problem ebayers

Figure it would have made my life easier if all these people had been blocked from my auctions before I had to deal with them, this is my current ebay blocked list, comprising of people who bid and didn't pay, people who won and tried to use paypal to get unwarranted refunds, people who try and pay less once they've won, people who demand postage to overseas at domestic shipping rates (which is really stupid when we are talking 20kg amps to Australia), and a guy who threatened me with violence if I didn't lower my start price. Anyway, figured it would be handy for other BCers to avoid these numpties, and possibly they could do the same so I can avoid other numpties in future. Easiest way to get to your block list is search 'block buyer' in the customer support bit and a link comes up on the list on the right, coupla of clicks and you can paste in the list. They can still message you unless you fiddle with other settings.

[quote]aero16s, amaanzdrive, avantguardia, bdw1480, bluelion49, bris_tech, cap.beyond, cargo2akl, cbr1000.123, chaosentertainmentrecords, cherrycorbett56, czart35, dafyddw1865, daosythuy, dentelle67, dfieldmusic, e3-audio, emissionplus, fatty201213, fish2go, georgik2010, gilmour301282, gsys1763, guil1711, jeanlouis785, john7559, marc2750, mas78680, matthewmallard, omar87sr, parker_knoll, pontiac1970firebird, ratticusmonkius, rkshum, robertapirie, rossco1962, sam1jnr, scantyjohn, skidder652003, sophie-asbo, themightyjay, ulit67, ullibert44, vekkiodim, vivou68[/quote]

Edit: Updated list.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

Isn't it likely to be libel or something to post them? I'll send you mine via PM.

Edit: This link will quickly access your Blocked Buyers list:

[url="http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin"]http://offer.ebay.co...idderBlockLogin[/url]

Edited by discreet

Just had a guy messaging me trying to sell me an amp he had the same as the one I'm selling, and when I asked what sort of money he was after, he wanted more than I was selling my restored one for, and accused me of trying to rip him off because he was Irish. That's a nutter, buying weird stuff on ebay is standard.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1341918320' post='1726060']
Figure it would have made my life easier if all these people had been blocked from my auctions before I had to deal with them, this is my current ebay blocked list, comprising of people who bid and didn't pay, people who won and tried to use paypal to get unwarranted refunds, people who try and pay less once they've won, people who demand postage to overseas at domestic shipping rates (which is really stupid when we are talking 20kg amps to Australia), and a guy who threatened me with violence if I didn't lower my start price. Anyway, figured it would be handy for other BCers to avoid these numpties, and possibly they could do the same so I can avoid other numpties in future. Easiest way to get to your block list is search 'block buyer' in the customer support bit and a link comes up on the list on the right, coupla of clicks and you can paste in the list. They can still message you unless you fiddle with other settings.
[/quote]
Two of your blocked list are real pains in the ass. One of them got my home number and rang my missus while I was at work and started askin her about an item I had for sale. eBay is a dodgy spot and full of loons. I didn't know you could block people though. Thanks for the tip.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1341918725' post='1726069']
Edit: This link will quickly access your Blocked Buyers list:

[url="http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin"]http://offer.ebay.co...idderBlockLogin[/url]
[/quote]thanks for the link and the list!!! - very handy!!

Edited by Shonks

[color=#800000][i]... gilmour301282, gsys1763, jeanlouis785, john7559, marc2750, omar87sr, ratticusmonkius, rkshum, scantyjohn, skidder652003 ...[/i][/color]

Do you think [b][color=#800000]gilmour [/color][/b]was born 30th Dec 1982? How about [b][color=#800000]skidder[/color][/b]? I'm guessing 20th Mar 1965.

Mind you, maybe that would mean that [b][color=#800000]gsys [/color][/b]had somehow escaped the guillotine as a young man before discovering the secret of immortality.

Whatever.

• 10 months later...

I don't use ebay anywhere near as much as I use to do in the last decade. There are many legit and accommodating sellers but there are a lot of chancers and liars on it, too. The abuse that is levelled at you by some people on that site is appalling and completely unwarranted. One thing I do not approved of is the access to your (required) telephone number. I do not believe a private buyer should have access to that unless there is a major problem. I had one guy 'phone me one night giving me the third degree, ask where his bass was, even though he had been told that I would not be able to send it until the weekend after auction end.

We've all had our share of NPBs, for sure, but the straight-ahead, no issues deals outweigh them in my books.