Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH250

eude

Got mine just for home, but i gota say its much louder than the Ampeg PF350 that i had befor through my RS112. I would say it realy depends what you hook it up through. IE with a single 12 its not guna cut past a loud drummer, into a pair of 4x10s your guna be drowning out the rest of the band. If you can, go n try one.

• Like 1

Hi. Just got one of these. Very impressed but having problems with Tone Print. I can only load some of them that require the v2 update via USB (e.g. the beast). For the offending ones the app makes all the right noises and the light flashes but no change.

It's a problem with the Android app. TC now know about it and are planning a fix. The toneprints are actually mp3 files and the app doesnt play some of them properly so I put the ones I like into a soundboard. Now it's actually easier to use than the app!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='77precisionblackmaple' timestamp='1352378767' post='1862297']
yes,gigged one with barefaced super 12 and sadly just wasnt quite loud enough at gig level,also once you try to get it loud and punchy,all dynamics disappear and there is no headroom.
I also tried it with my 4x10/1x15 rig and still not loud enough.
Back to GK 400rb '89 vintage!
[/quote]

If it works . . .

The S12 is pretty sensitive: 102 dB calculated as 'broadband': http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/super-twelve.htm
So to run out of headroom means the amp is not delivering enough power at 4 ohms.
250W of TC vs. the 375? of the traditional GK head - I'm not aware if it's the same output as the 400rb-iv, or indeed if your S12 has bi-amping wiring (or if it's a S12T).

im running one with a RS212 and a RS210 - sounds absolutely brilliant to me. loaded up the tube drive toneprint with no loss in volume. we have a LOUD drummer and 2 guitarists and a singer that belts out as well - was running at under half on the volume knob and it sounded so sweet with my Jazz/Status neck combo... didnt seem to be struggling at all

will be gigging the setup on 17th so will report back after - im not expecting it to be lacking in cutting through the mic

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1352385728' post='1862425']

If it works . . .

The S12 is pretty sensitive: 102 dB calculated as 'broadband': http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/super-twelve.htm
So to run out of headroom means the amp is not delivering enough power at 4 ohms.
250W of TC vs. the 375? of the traditional GK head - I'm not aware if it's the same output as the 400rb-iv, or indeed if your S12 has bi-amping wiring (or if it's a S12T).
[/quote]

its the ancient GK 400 from'89 so no bi amp and rated at 200 watts @ 4 ohms.
The watts thing means nothing as we've all come to realise.
The barefaced super 12 is the standard 4 ohm cab with no tweeter,its just a lovely thing.
Its made me stop chasing the 'magic rig' thats been eluding me for 32 years.
The Gk sounds just perfect through it.Im smitten.

[quote name='77precisionblackmaple' timestamp='1352553596' post='1864536']
its the ancient GK 400 from'89 so no bi amp and rated at 200 watts @ 4 ohms.
The watts thing means nothing as we've all come to realise.
The barefaced super 12 is the standard 4 ohm cab with no tweeter,its just a lovely thing.
Its made me stop chasing the 'magic rig' thats been eluding me for 32 years.
The Gk sounds just perfect through it.Im smitten.
[/quote]

I think we all have heard how the GK heads are rated conservatively, seems very plausible to me, whereas some TC heads have been criticized for baked in compression and misleading rating. I don't know if that TC head's rating has been drawn into question? The S12's light weight and portable shape no doubt make the great sounding combination practical.

ok feedback from last nights pub gig - ran the head with a 212 and a 210 on top (standard config) played at a smidge over 1pm on the master volume. sounded fine and some of the regulars in the audience said the bass cut through ok (one of the guys is a sound engineer by trade anyway) so im a happy chap.

the only thing i would recommend is to either put the amp on some sort of foam / carpet if you're putting it on top of the stack to stop any vibration going into the amp from the speakers.. either that or just pop it on a side table..

• Like 1

Thanks to this conversation, I've just ordered a BH250 and footswitch from Soundslive. I have picked up the Rebate form, so I'll get myself a Corona Chorus as well in a while (they say 6-8 weeks). Then it be a battle to see which will stay out of a) the TonePrint chorus or B) the Corona pedal or c) my existing MXR M234 Analog Chorus pedal.

Already picking up the iPhone app and Octaver TonePrints. So if the Octaver is good then that means £100-ish deducted from the purchase as I won't need to buy a pedal.

Well impressed with mine, using it with an RS212 and I haven't felt the need for an extension cab.
Maybe I could get the RS212 rewired to 4 ohms?
I think it's excellent value especially with the free chorus pedal worth about £100 and a built in tuner, I don't feel the need to fritter cash away on any other kit
After years of humping Trace gear around I'm finally travelling light!

My new BH250 and footswitch arrived yesterday. Too much work, college evening course, dentist, car in garage to get to it yet. But I will put some labels on the footswitch to remind what does what.

I got the iPhone app for the TonePrints and will be trying the Octaver as soon as I can.