Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH250

eude

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1344876535' post='1770531']
found this on the net about the footswith

A TC Electronic ‘Switch 3’ footswitch can be added for even more control. TonePrint effects can be punched in and out and the amp can be muted. Furthermore, even though the TonePrint knob controls one effect at a time, the previously loaded effect is stored in the internal circuit and with the third switch this effect can be punched in and out as well, which in reality gives BH250 a dual effect section capable of combining any 2 of the 6 effect types available.
[/quote]

Mike

Where did you find that info? The manual seems to make no mention of this and the Footswitch - 3 is for 1. Tuner/mute, 2. Tube effect on/off and 3. TonePrint on/off. Unless perhaps someone is thinking that the Tube FX are another TonePrint?

Edited to add:

I now understand, the BH250 has no TubeDrive and the 3rd stomp is to toggle between 2 TonePrints. The BG250 does have TubeDrive and the 3rd stomp toggles it on/off

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

Thanks Mike

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The BG250 Combo has Tubedrive and the 3rd stomp is used to toggle this on/off. The BH250 head doesn't have the TubeDrive and the 3rd stomp toggles the last two Toneprints.[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]I was reading from the BG250 manual.[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]So only the head has this ability to switch between the two, not the combo.[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]The comments I originally read about this were on Finnbass in relation to the BG250.[/font][/color]

[color=#6C737A][font=verdana, geneva, lucida,]Hence the confusion on the BH250 Head thread here[/font][/color] :D

I got my BH250 from Absolute music in Poole yesterday, Its awsome!!!. Got the foot controler too and teamed it up with my RS112 cab for an ubber cool home rig.
And for thoughs who whant to know, yes you can load two tone prints :lol: so pedal dose MUTE on buttun one, turn tone print on/off is buttun two and buttun three togles between tone print A and tone print B. I have tryed most of the tone prints now. some i like some i love and i can see myself playing with them a lot. After first evening of play i have ended up with the the drive tone print "The Grind" and the octaver tone print "Dirty Octaver" on the amp, i love a bit of grit. If anyone whants to have a go and your near bournemouth just give me a shout

My new rig
BH250, foot controler and RS112
Landing L1 (you never heard of Landing, check there web site [url="http://www.landingbass.com/L1%20pic%2011.html"]http://www.landingbass.com/L1%20pic%2011.html[/url] )

[attachment=118720:P9180019.JPG]

[attachment=118721:P9180020.JPG]

[attachment=118722:P9180018.JPG]

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='basskit_case' timestamp='1349102005' post='1821798']
I don't appear to have the option to add the new drive and compressor toneprints to my bh250 straight out of the box.

Does the firmware for the BG250 also work with the BH250?
[/quote]

How are you updating your tone prints ?
I am using the app for the android phone to do mine. there is a specific set for the BG/BH amps. the list includes the drive and compressor tones and they all seem to upload fine to my BH250. The BH250 has the newer firmwear already installed so you dont need to do the firmwear update.
Did you get yourself the footswitch too? I did and that lets you togle between two tone prints.
What cab/ cabs are you putting it through n what do you think so far.
I am loving mine

[quote name='spaners' timestamp='1349102674' post='1821812']
How are you updating your tone prints ?
I am using the app for the android phone to do mine. there is a specific set for the BG/BH amps. the list includes the drive and compressor tones and they all seem to upload fine to my BH250. The BH250 has the newer firmwear already installed so you dont need to do the firmwear update.
Did you get yourself the footswitch too? I did and that lets you togle between two tone prints.
What cab/ cabs are you putting it through n what do you think so far.
I am loving mine
[/quote]

Problem solved, the extra toneprints had to be downloaded by the app, they appeared after a couple of minutes, apparently its a known issue for the iPhone app,

I haven't got the foot switch yet, would you say its a worthwhile investment?

I am running it through my Ashdown Lb212 cab, hoping to get it out to band practice this week and give it a good run.

I bought it mainly for a practice amp, the Ashdown LB head has no headphone output and can be a little bit noisy for late night practice.

With the purchase of this I think I will sell the Fender Bronco practice amp that I had been using, no need for both.

Loving it so far in home use, looking forward to giving it a blast later in the week. Toneprint seems a great feature, currently using the Spectracomp print

I would say its well worth getting the foot switch, it makes the tone prints far more accssable and gives you the extra tone print.
I have been using the drive and the chorus lots, I like the octaver too. Just a shame theres no reverb.
All my basses sound sweet through this amp (mainly grunge, punk, metal. Finger n pick. I dont slap)
my one criticism is that you do get a noticable drop in volume when you engage a toneprint
I had the Bronco amp too, loved it but couldnt keep up when mates came round to jam.