Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic BH250

eude

New head version of their BG250 Combo.
Check it out! >> http://www.tcelectronic.com/bh250.asp

I'm not sure it'd be for me, still undecided about TC Gear, but, it does look pretty dang cool!

Anyone digging their BG250's?...

Eude

I have just watched the video for these. They look great and the toneprints are a great idea. That Octaver example by Uriah tracked all the way down to B. That's worth it in itself!

Hi guys

The BH250 head is priced at £245 SSP inc VAT and should be shipping at some point early September. I had a play with one on Saturday and it is rather cute and sounds great (yes I know I'm obviously going to be biased) :)

Unfortunately we were rather taken aback with how quickly the first two batches of the BG250 combo sold through, but (although it won't cover all our dealer backorders) a large number were shipped end of last week into the UK. Best bet is to have a check with one of our [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=12427&AjrRgn=122&AjrRgnTtl=United%20Kingdom%20&region=nonus&zip=&cpc=1"]authorised dealers[/url] and get them to let you know when they're in stock.

There will be more arriving in August.

Cheers

Bruce

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1341946438' post='1726871']
This company continue to impress. That is one ridiculously well packed tiny amp.
[/quote]

500W and a gain control and that would be some real competition for LittleMarks and the lower end GBs.
As it stands though, it's perfect for a gigging bassist that moves around a lot and doesn't require solely on the amp for volume on bigger gigs.
There are similar things out there at similar prices, but there's just something about this thing.

I really hope that Ocatver and the Spectracomp come out in pedal formats...

Eude

Had a quick flick through the BH250 manual online, and it appears you can use the optional footswitch to toggle between two different Toneprints. I'd always assumed that you could only have one Toneprint programmed in at a time, not two. So that's pretty cool then.

Cheers

Geoff

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1341994219' post='1727455']
Had a quick flick through the BH250 manual online, and it appears you can use the optional footswitch to toggle between two different Toneprints. I'd always assumed that you could only have one Toneprint programmed in at a time, not two. So that's pretty cool then.
...[/quote]
The manual is a bit contradictory, isn't it: "Connect a TC Electronic SWITCH 3 (optional) and activate/deactivate TonePrint" and then "... Switch 3 - TonePrint A/B (alternate between two TonePrints)". I'm guessing that this amp doesn't support the use of that third switch, but it'd be great to hear otherwise.

Hmm. I was interested in this wee little amp but it's missing an effects loop, so I can't use it with my looper :\

[quote name='bruce@tc' timestamp='1341927555' post='1726326']
Hi guys[/quote]

Heya bruce@tc, good to see a TC rep here on the forum.
I've got a question for you. Is there a Toneprint the gives the amp a looping functionality with the switch? That would be really awesome! Also, can Toneprints be loaded with Linux? It would be a PITA to find someone with a Windows machine and ask them every time I want to load Toneprints =P

Edited by heminder

[quote name='bruce@tc' timestamp='1341927555' post='1726326']
Hi guys

The BH250 head is priced at £245 SSP inc VAT and should be shipping at some point early September. I had a play with one on Saturday and it is rather cute and sounds great (yes I know I'm obviously going to be biased) :)

Unfortunately we were rather taken aback with how quickly the first two batches of the BG250 combo sold through, but (although it won't cover all our dealer backorders) a large number were shipped end of last week into the UK. Best bet is to have a check with one of our [url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/Default.asp?Id=12427&AjrRgn=122&AjrRgnTtl=United%20Kingdom%20&region=nonus&zip=&cpc=1"]authorised dealers[/url] and get them to let you know when they're in stock.

There will be more arriving in August.

Cheers

Bruce
[/quote]

Hi Bruce

Regarding the BG250 combo, a recent review in BGM said it was made in UK. is this the case?

Cheers

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1342463330' post='1735633']
Hi Bruce

Regarding the BG250 combo, a recent review in BGM said it was made in UK. is this the case?

Cheers
[/quote]

Blimey I didn't spot that. However, I would suggest that might be another BGM typo.... ;)

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1342464624' post='1735676']
Blimey I didn't spot that. However, I would suggest that might be another BGM typo.... ;)
[/quote]

If it is it would be remarkable.

I think I have now decided to sell my Ampeg BA115, get one of these heads and look for a 112 to go with it. Will finish recording new stuff first. Love my BA115 but this little amp seems remarkable.

• 3 weeks later...

found this on the net about the footswith

A TC Electronic ‘Switch 3’ footswitch can be added for even more control. TonePrint effects can be punched in and out and the amp can be muted. Furthermore, even though the TonePrint knob controls one effect at a time, the previously loaded effect is stored in the internal circuit and with the third switch this effect can be punched in and out as well, which in reality gives BH250 a dual effect section capable of combining any 2 of the 6 effect types available.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1344876535' post='1770531']
found this on the net about the footswith

A TC Electronic ‘Switch 3’ footswitch can be added for even more control. TonePrint effects can be punched in and out and the amp can be muted. Furthermore, even though the TonePrint knob controls one effect at a time, the previously loaded effect is stored in the internal circuit and with the third switch this effect can be punched in and out as well, which in reality gives BH250 a dual effect section capable of combining any 2 of the 6 effect types available.
[/quote]
Class!

• 3 weeks later...