Why become a member? ×

Car Wash Bass Line

I don't actually know (my own interpretation of it is not good), but I just wanted to take the opportunity to reiterate the fact that Lequient "Duke" Jobe who played it originally with Rose Royce was a monster, and often under-rated, bass player. I looked him up on Google a while ago, and found an article that said these days he was living a pretty squalid lifestyle in a caravan. I don't know if it's true.

Edited by Huge Hands

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='184956' date='Apr 24 2008, 11:58 PM']I looked him up on Google a while ago, and found an article that said these days he was living a pretty squalid lifestyle in a caravan. I don't know if it's true.[/quote]
Sounds like Alan Partridge. Has he got a big plate?

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='Huge Hands' post='184956' date='Apr 24 2008, 11:58 PM']...I just wanted to take the opportunity to reiterate the fact that Lequient "Duke" Jobe who played it originally with Rose Royce was a monster, and often under-rated, bass player...[/quote]

Absolutely agree! I saw RR once back in the mid-80's and as well as laying down a seriously solid groove he did an awesome solo spot. As far as I can remember, it lasted for well over 5 minutes. He'd have given Louis Johnson a run for his money in the solo slapfest marathon stakes, IMHO.

Sorry man, can't help you with the transcription though. Never needed to learn it...

I play this in a band and put my own pops and slap in the fill section, as long as it sounds right, not clumsy and its in the pocket then by and large a comfy approximation is fine, otherwise you would be a session player on high rollin gigs like the top geezers...