Why become a member? ×

Mesa Walkabout DI (now with mod details)

Ghost_Bass

All done!

Finally gather the emotional strenght to drill through the chassis:
[attachment=112973:DSCN1250.JPG]
Here's everything put together:
[attachment=112974:DSCN1251.JPG]
[attachment=112975:DSCN1252.JPG]
[attachment=112976:DSCN1255.JPG]
And here it is betwen my Shuttle and my MidgetT:
[attachment=112977:DSCN1260.JPG]

Hope this topic can be usefull for someone with the same endeavour in mind in the future ;)

Cheers
Marco

And here's a better(ish) quality schematic i just recieved from Michael Taylor at Mesa:
[attachment=112978:Mesa mod.jpg]

edit: just realized that uploading the pic it got too small, if you want it just send me a PM or ask directly to Mesa.

Edited by Ghost_Bass

• 4 years later...

Great mod guys.

Just let me say that the DI of the Walkabout is one of the best of the planet just as it is, after all the tubes and the mosfets. I'm not going to compromise on its fabolous tone. Just let the paid soundman do its tough job and enjoy, f*** the soundguy

[quote name='sratas' timestamp='1487007285' post='3236216']
Great mod guys.

Just let me say that the DI of the Walkabout is one of the best of the planet just as it is, after all the tubes and the mosfets. I'm not going to compromise on its fabolous tone. Just let the paid soundman do its tough job and enjoy, f*** the soundguy
[/quote]

The mod doesn't make the DI pre-EQ, just takes from after the master volume to before that. A lot of soudguys would be very upset with you if you decided to mess with your master volume on stage and that would influence the DI volume. at the same time you would be very concerned if needed to adjust your volume during the gig but knowing it would mess with the FOH mix.

for me this was a design failure from Mesa, their new amps are designed diferently.