Why become a member? ×

Spector Tone Pump - New version with trim pot - Never installed in a Bass £sold

I bought the Tone Pump for a project because of it's brilliant FET preamp circuit that soft clips in a similar way to that of valves do. I got as far as mounting it in a pedal sized box to use as an external preamp. But that is exactly how it has stayed, on my shelf, not being used!

So I am offering it up for sale as a great upgrade to your bass. I know that a lot of people have given the preamp stick, but I reckon it's because they treat it like any other active pre that has centre notches for the 0db setting. The TonePump is a little different - much like the passive tone stacks that have a certain bit of boost of lows and trebles built in to their zero position. Paired with passive pickups, this preamp really livens up the sound - it works great with active EMG pickups too. You can really get that 'Spector bass' sound paired with EMG DCs!

Anyway, here's the web info' for you:

http://www.spectorbass.com/store/store.php?crn=227&rn=446&action=show_detail

I had to pay all of the customs, excise and shipping costs on top of this price, that I am not forwarding on to you. My bad luck I suppose!

£50+P&P which is probably going to be about a 5er as I ship recorded/insured/tracked depending on value.

Yes, it is the model with the trimpot output gain control as seen above. - The design is such that despite using a 9v battery, the schematic uses a voltage doubler so you are infact getting the headroom of an 18V system with it according to the guy who designed the preamp.

• 1 month later...