Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Warwick Streamer LX 5 String*SOLD*

Josh

I've had this bass for over 3/4 months now and I haven't really taken to it as much as I was hoping to and even though it sounded great on my bands E.P I still don't pick it up first, especially since reacquiring a 44-02, so it's time to move it on.

This bass has been a fair bit of hassle too. Since getting it from the original owner I've had to have the bass professionally set up and the neck shimmed by Rob at Waghorn Guitars in Bristol in order to make this bass playable. When I received the bass, both the bridge and the nut wouldn't lower much at all and the neck had a considerable bow to it as well. All of which meant the action was at least a good 6-7mm high and wouldn't go any lower. The jack socket was also knackered but that has also been fixed.

But now the bass is very much playable and all the electronics and hardware work perfectly fine. Although it should be noted that Rob found it hard to straighten the neck out fully as it was in such a bow for a long time that it's impossible to get it dead straight, so there is still a bow to the neck but it is nothing serious and a low playable action can easily be achieved. I've tried to show this in one of the pictures as best I can.

Again I'd like to stress that Rob did a great job and that the bass is now very much playable and adjustable. Here it is in action in our video and as I said I used it to record the songs as well:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5W065kcGNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

Also the bass is over 10 years old as well, the serial number is: E-075336-00, and as such it has a few dings here and there and bit of buckle rash on the back of the body, all of which I've tried to highlight in the photos.

[u][b]Pics:[/b][/u]

[u][b][/b][/u]

[u][b]Trades:[/b][/u]

Try me, but please no Thunderbirds or anything under £400.

[b][u]Price:[/u][/b]

SOLD.

If anyone needs anymore info then please just ask,

Thanks guys,

Josh.

Edited by Josh

Nice bass. I have nae dosh, so I dinnae thing I will be going for that......

but love that song and the video! So so so good. I'm on my laptop so can't hear the bass, but what I can hear of the song is brilliant.
I love the understatedness of the performance... which reminded me of one of my fave vids... (skip to 1:20)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0o5W2suTc

[quote name='jahfish' timestamp='1342635896' post='1738477']
active or passive just out of interest?
[/quote]

Active/Passive Push-Pull :)

In passive it has a great jazz sounding quality but with a bit more low end.

Edited by Josh