Why become a member? ×

So wrong it's right?

Doctor J

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1341136510' post='1714082']
the cut out for the none existent truss rod adjuster
[/quote]Ehhhh... that's where you put the allen key to adjust the truss rod so you don't have to take the neck off.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1341136510' post='1714082']
I know your a Fender/conventional bass basher but I have to agree on one thing this time, the cut out for the none existent truss rod adjuster would piss me right off! :)
[/quote]

I have a Hartke bass with this design for adjusting the truss rod. Unfortunately because of the size of allen key required to do the adjustments the cut out wasn't sufficiently big enough to fit the allen key without taking the neck off anyway.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1341137087' post='1714093']
I have a Hartke bass with this design for adjusting the truss rod. Unfortunately because of the size of allen key required to do the adjustments the cut out wasn't sufficiently big enough to fit the allen key without taking the neck off anyway.
[/quote]

Exactly, none wheel of fortune truss rod adjusters should be banned IMO :)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1341137308' post='1714096']
Doesnt look big enough to me, Just looks like a pickguard off a different bass.
[/quote]Trust me, it is ;) There's a channel routed into the body which gives plenty of room to get the allen key in and make adjustments.

Edited by Doctor J

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1341137368' post='1714099']
Exactly, none wheel of fortune truss rod adjusters should be banned IMO :)
[/quote]They use them on the guitars, stick to allen bolts on the basses. Not arsed either way, personally, once it works :D

Was it here or TB where some fella was complaining that shop shop had made sh*te of his wheel and chipped paint under it during a setup? It's easy to botch both designs in the wrong hand, but the point is this thing is pink and I like it! :D

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1341138913' post='1714135']
Was it here or TB where some fella was complaining that shop shop had made sh*te of his wheel and chipped paint under it during a setup? It's easy to botch both designs in the wrong hand, but the point is this thing is pink and I like it! :D
[/quote]

I think that was on TB