Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: Yamaha RBX 170 + accessories - £55 collected!

Jellyfish

I have a decent 4 string and a great 5 string so my first bass has to be sold!

Anyone who knows about 'beginner basses' knows that the RBX rangeare some of the most solid and playable bass that Yamaha have ever made. Really sounds and feels nice (in my opinion) and I played this for around a year with no complaints. There is a small mark on the back of the neck (as shown in the pictures) but apart from that it just needs a good clean if anything! Comes strung with new Rotosound strings, which are pretty nice actually. It's been professionally set up and comes in a unpadded gig bag. Also included is a white Peavey strap.

[b]£55 collected from Erdington in Birmingham for this bad boy! Trades would include just about anything so try me! [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/179967-ashdown-after-eight-15w-amp-l35-collected/"]I also have a topic up for a starter amp at a very good price if anyone's interested![/url][/b]

[b][/b]

Edited by Jellyfish

I recently got my one of these back out of storage...In electric blue. My first bass all those years ago, learned every technique I know on it.
The build quality on this puts them into Intermediate range I'd say, with plenty of money left to spend on stuff to go with it.

PJ config...24 frets, a lovely neck, simple passive electronics...What you have here is a 4-string that can do ANYTHING a 4-string can ripe for upgrade if you so wish.
If a beginner buys this...oh are you spoiled, the world of bass is open to you! :-)

• 2 weeks later...