Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender HMT Semi-Acoustic P Bass- £310 inc p&p

Old Horse Murphy

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I just recently bought this but unfortunately I've just acquired a Stingray 5 string so this has to go.

Its an early 90's Fender HMT Bass. Basically it's a semi-acoustic P Bass with a Jazz profile neck. It weighs approx 7lbs and is wonderfully balanced and a joy to play.

This bass has been well used and as a result has a few marks on it (pictured where possible). The Silver Lace sensor pickup works fine and gives everything from a grindy P bass sound through to a woody, semi-acoustic mellow tone. The Piezo doesn't work at the moment, but I'm sure this is a loose connection and an easy fix as it's unbalanced I never used this anyway as it had quite a harsh sound).

[color=#000000]The original stovepipe knobs have been replaced with wooden controls which I think look a whole lot better. It also comes in a nice Ritter gigbag and is strung with flatwounds.[/color]

[color=#000000]These are now discontinued and becoming quite rare and sought after.[/color]

[color=#000000]Here are the specs from Fender:[/color]

[color=#000000]Top: Figured Maple[/color][/size][/font][list]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Back and Sides: Basswood[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Scale: 34 1/8"[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Nut Width: 1 1/2"[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Serial Number: J025013[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Fretboard: Rosewood[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Headstock Shape: Angled peghead without scroll at top[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Headstock Overlay: Bold Script Logo[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Inlays: Triangular sharkstooth inlay[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Pickup(s): Silver Lace Sensor pickup with Precision-style split-coil configuration, Plezo bridge pickup[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Made in Japan[/size][/font]
[*][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Weight: 7 lbs[/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I'm looking for £310 inc P&P.[/size][/font]

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Jimryan' timestamp='1340479291' post='1705150']
Ooooooo pretty. I want, I want, I want. Shame I can't afford it right now :-( Humour me though, does it play and sound as good as it looks?
[/quote]

No mate, it's an absolute Dog....... ;)

Seriously, it's a wonderful sounding and playing bass

I've never seen one of these with a pointy headstocks before, only the normal fender type, very cool bass, I'd be very interested if I had the cash (2nd baby on the way :)) great price for a very unique bass :)

I nearly pulled the trigger on this last time, fantastic price, I paid about £700 for a new one back in the 90's.
With that piezo these things can really scream out metal, but can also thump like a 60's.
Send it out on trial to Tom (1946) bet you get a bank transfer back :lol: .
Anybody that doesn't like the neck, replace it, would look nice with a maple board.
Lovely.

• 4 weeks later...