Why become a member? ×

Bassist with lead/harmony vocals for booked cruise.

elsharko

Well it's a cruise for predominantly American punters. Money's is about 1300 pounds a month... Not life changing money but you have no expenses and it's a great itinerary. There'll be all sorts of cover material, mostly pop rock and country. There'll be some training, medicals and Visas required for those that don't have them. Nice way to spend the winter if it's a part of the world you're interested in seeing.

As a bass player who also sings and is a singing teacher, I'd love to this, but can't due to other commitments.

Nevertheless, as a shameless plug, if anyone would like to get their voice in shape for something like this I'm able to offer singing lessons. Though I'm based in Nottingham, I give vocal tuition over skype, and it's very effective. Give us a shout if interested.

I sing lead vocals for a band - used to lead from bass a couple years ago.
I'd love to do this.... when you say "excellent" bassist; what standard are you looking for? I can play anything and learn anything; but must admit that I wouldn't consider myself "excellent" - I reserve that term for men like Marcus Miller or Victor Wooten. :P

Edited by Honest Guy

Ok well excellent by human standards... a strong, confident and experienced performer with a bit of character. Being a cruise we need alot of songs in alot of styles so comfort playing with pick and fingers is preferable... not all tangy funk licks, not all driving rock, a bit of everything. Not overly flash and playing over the top of everything but solid with good feel and tone. Someone who can deal with the riggers of cruising life... its great craic but can also be a pain in the balls. Someone who doesnt have the typical muso ego and can take direction and musical suggestions without getting all bent out of shape. Someone who is on time and is prepared or at least can apologise when theyre not. Someone with good gear and all that lovely stuff.
Im a mid range country rock and classic rock singer so someone with a strong voice for more modern stuff would be great, but just a good voice would be enough.
Ive been doing this for alot of years as Im sure you all have and you do come across some real clangers :-)

Edited by elsharko

Ship gigs are a good crack if you are up for it. I did it all through my 20's. Saw half the world, got paid to play 7 days a week for a few hours a night, met some great people, and totally raised the bar on my playing. If you have no real life commitments it can be very fun. The worst bit was the room sharing, I suffered a few loonies.

I cant do this, but ive always been interested - the band i am in turned down a stint on a cruise ship when we first started.

However - everyone refers to "ship life" - surely you just wake up, have breakfast, maybe learn a song/rehearse, gig, and go to bed - am i wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You may be out of our age range which is about 25-40... do you have any links to videos etc?

[quote name='r13cents' timestamp='1346906601' post='1794671']
I'm in I've been playing and singing lead and back up over 30 years email me r13cents @yahoo.com I have a CD references and photos whatever ya need
[/quote]

hello

I am a very experienced bass player with strong vocals.

I have played a variety of styles, classic rock, heavy rock, soul, pop etc. My favorite era is the early sixties (r&b, soul), stones, beatles, who, kinks, move, etc. I can be as basic or as busy as you like although I do try and nail it close to the original.

I have been told that I have a great sense of timing. You'd think that was a given but i've played with many who haven't got it!

Singing wise I can do lead and bv's, but I can't do the high stuff (planty, ac/dc, sting).

regards

Phil

Hi Phil do you have any links to videos and online profiles etc?

[quote name='bassvox' timestamp='1347110582' post='1797049']
hello

I am a very experienced bass player with strong vocals.

I have played a variety of styles, classic rock, heavy rock, soul, pop etc. My favorite era is the early sixties (r&b, soul), stones, beatles, who, kinks, move, etc. I can be as basic or as busy as you like although I do try and nail it close to the original.

I have been told that I have a great sense of timing. You'd think that was a given but i've played with many who haven't got it!

Singing wise I can do lead and bv's, but I can't do the high stuff (planty, ac/dc, sting).

regards

Phil
[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...

My current, All me and a boss dr 5 [url="http://soundcloud.com/simplelittlecreatures"]http://soundcloud.com/simplelittlecreatures[/url]
My Past Im, (was) the maroon haired bassist [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKrC_CNYWo&hd=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clKrC_CNYWo&hd=1[/url]