Why become a member? ×

Any Ritters Out There?

molan

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1444901031' post='2887070']

Nice bass...very similar to the white one that had down at Bass Gear - looked fantastic at the LBGS with white strings on...
[/quote]

That's the one I was playing last night :)

The white strings are stored away for special occasions though. . .

Thanks for the replies people.
ChrisDev - that was what I had hoped, to have most tones covered and even a few different voices to play with all in one bass. At the same time I hoped it wouldn't cover all those bases for fear of GAS!! :lol: have you any recordings online ? I've been searching you tube but not really getting what I want to hear, the versatility available. I'm looking at the Triplebuckers and Master electronics.
Molan: are there any in stock with you with that config?
To everyone: is the standard 5 string bridge spacing width adjustable out to 19mmish, the bridges look similar to ETS which are adjustable but Ritters site gives the spacing as 17.5 or 70mm total. I know it isn't much but I really do prefer 19mm, believe me I've tried narrower and it's just not right for me, must be my flailing hand technique :lol:
Initially I'll be scouring the usual sources for a used 5er I think. Ideally a Roya, R8 or even a Seal. Possibly a 6er.... But the wide spacing gets a bit silly across the neck.

If anyone is looking to move one on at a reasonable price or even to trade please drop me a PM. if there's a Fretless then maybe I'd do a deal on my Wal .... :confused:

Dazed, I will upload some clips with different Ritter Basses from the brilliant Brazilian bass player Gianluca Girard in the coming weeks.

Keep in mind that every instrument will sound different because of the different combination of woods en electronics.
19mm spacing is possible as a custom option on all basses.

Both available basses at [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/product-category/bass-guitars/ritter/"]Bass Gear[/url] have slimbuckers.

Here's some more info and eetailed pics of the bridge
[url="https://ritter-instruments.com/bridge.php"]https://ritter-instr....com/bridge.php[/url]

[quote]This Bridge is adjustable in all 3 dimensions. It's made of heavy brass and completely lockable.
Therefore a perfect conduction of the string oscillation is guaranteed.[/quote]

I've recently taken delivery of the Black Marble Classic 5 string from Bassmachine.
It's an absolutely fantastic instrument. How Jens Ritter takes care of the musicians wants and needs while keeping the aesthetic standard so high is genius in my humble opinion. Absolutely the best bass I've ever played and owned. I've got a big birthday an 5-6 yrs so I think I'm going to save up and get this beauty a partner in the style of a Ritter Raptor ( finish to be decided nearer the time)

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1445771097' post='2893957']
Anyone know if they make short or medium scale basses - 32" etc?
[/quote]

The most common scale on Ritter 4's seems to be 33.3" - all three of mine are this scale.

It may not sound much less than 34" but this, coupled with the overall ergonomic body designs and slim necks, makes them really easy to play :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...