Why become a member? ×

Any Ritters Out There?

molan

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1444859966' post='2886866']
So apart from the cost, quirky deigns (imho) that I'm a fan of, do owners and players of Ritters love the sound as much as the aesthetics?

Curious how flexible the triple buckers and Parametric EQ are? Is there a good p tone in there?
[/quote]

So apart from the looks, the triplebuckers are amazing. At passive, the sound incredibly good. But it is not only the buckers and electronics, to me it is the combination with string tension and playability. I tested it at a rearsal studio when i first got it in to spare my fam. And i tested it together with a Wal. It really blew the Wal away (wal pro 1 that is). The wal was a fat sounding bass, but this was something else. To my opinion, it even sounds better than it looks, but that is just a matter of (my) taste i Think.

• Like 1

[quote name='zomnius' timestamp='1466142151' post='3073588']
So apart from the looks, the triplebuckers are amazing. At passive, the sound incredibly good. But it is not only the buckers and electronics, to me it is the combination with string tension and playability. I tested it at a rearsal studio when i first got it in to spare my fam. And i tested it together with a Wal. It really blew the Wal away (wal pro 1 that is). The wal was a fat sounding bass, but this was something else. To my opinion, it even sounds better than it looks, but that is just a matter of (my) taste i Think.
[/quote]

I own four Ritters at the moment and even I, who've been known to 'splurge' a bit on basses, wouldn't sink this sort of money into things just because I liked the looks :)

I love how they sound and regularly gig mine. Each one sounds a little different - alder/maple, solid maple/ebony, swamp ash maple, cedar/ebony. My regular gigging bass is the alder body maple board one which will sound like nice J (for want of a reference point) but with a bit more onboard flexibility.

The cedar/ebony one is the darkest and 'woodiest' sounding of the bunch and can almost replicate a classic old school Fender in passive mode with the tone wound back.

For me it's tone and simple playability that wins the day over the looks every time :)

For me, mine not only looks the part, it can [i]do[/i] the part. Talks the talk AND walks the walk.

Well balanced, great neck, once you've played with the electronics for half an hour they're pretty much mastered - though experimentation will find you some amazing tones to die for that Fenders can only dream about replicating[i] and[/i] German build quality - Jens definitely knows what he's doing and puts 100% into every instrument.

I'm not gigging so find it hard to justify having it sitting under my bed but if I was, I'd have no reservations playing it down The Dog and Duck.

There are some people who haven't played a Ritter who aren't sure why they are priced where they are - let's look at what else you can get for similar money, a crappy, now ordinary looking Warwick (they haven't aged well and don't look good), old poorly built (70s?) Fenders, horrible, poorly balanced Ricks or a new custom bass with less pedigree.

The only basses I've tried which vaguely compare are ACGs and GBs (sorry, not a fan of Wals, and I've had two) - great reasons to buy British, if nothing else.

They say a great man isn't recognised in his own lifetime - when Jens dies you can be sure his instruments will rocket in value.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Confused.....didn't somebody say recently that Alembic had copyrighted the use of the oval fret markers?

Lovely looking bass, Chris but you know what? It's just cluttering up your playing space...best you drop it round here to get the space back...you know I'm right... ;) ;) :D :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That's also a lightweight...

Its very ergonomic, great fit & balance which means with the low weight ...no strain or tiredness or back pain the day after the gig....I'm sure that resonates with many bass players!!