Why become a member? ×

Quick question, feel a bit daft asking

Defo

Yes - assuming the amp can drive a 4 ohm load, which is what the two cabs will 'present' to the amp.

The amp's 500W will be split equally between the two cabs, so each will get 250W, which is OK for both of them although obviously the Aguilar will be at it's limit. But I doubt you'll be running the amp full-on anyway.

So don't worry and enjoy the great sound!

Have you tried running each cab alone? Do you prefer the tone of either better than the other or the combination of the two?

Also, doe sit sound consistent as you move around the room? Those are pretty far different cabs and attendant phase issues would be expected, which show up as you change relative position to them.

It's absoutely fine as both will be getting 250w... I would prefer NOT to run the Aguilar on its own though as the head would be running about 300w at 8 ohms which will be over its limit. It shouldnt be a problem unless you're playing at full blast but as always its better to be on the safe side, and use the Ashdown :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1339891886' post='1696072']
Bear in mind the wattages you quote are thermal limits, not breaking limits, plenty enough power there to break both those cabs if you don't listen for them complaining.
[/quote]

true. I run a 500 watt heade into a 400 watt 4 ohm cab at rehearsals and it's fine. Use your ears, if it sounids liek something is wrong, stop.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1339891411' post='1696067']
Have you tried running each cab alone? Do you prefer the tone of either better than the other or the combination of the two?

Also, doe sit sound consistent as you move around the room? Those are pretty far different cabs and attendant phase issues would be expected, which show up as you change relative position to them.
[/quote]

The SL112 sounds lovely on its own but I tried pairing it with some other cabs and the sound with the ABM really got me, it's punchy but throaty and sounds great with my Precision. I have to be careful with my Stingray and Wimbish as they push hard but the Tonehammer has great mids control and it's easy to dial out any pressure. I haven't noticed any phase issues but haven't used this in a big room yet. I may go for a DB210 in the future but I guess as I'm happy now there's no pressing need. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.