Why become a member? ×

The world's most complicated pedal is....

Bo0tsy

... a Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer.

I bought one of these off of ebay a couple of months ago, and it's crying out for a PC interface.

Having said that hours, no make that weeks worth of patience and trial and error with all the various settings in the interface, and I've finally started to configure some of the synth, filter and fuzz tones that I need. It took me long enough to learn how to save your changes due to hidden parameters and permissions.

Anyone else had experience of this pedal?

Btw, I'm not slagging the Squeezer off, now I've finally got to grips with it, it is a wonderful and (eventually) very versatile pedal, but, why oh why, does it have to be so complicated !!

[quote name='Bo0tsy' timestamp='1339677139' post='1692487']
Btw, I'm not slagging the Squeezer off, now I've finally got to grips with it, it is a wonderful and (eventually) very versatile pedal, but, why oh why, does it have to be so complicated !!
[/quote]

I had one of those. It was the bomb. Even the presets were good. I could see endless possibilities. All of which were way beyond my programming ability.

[quote name='Bo0tsy' timestamp='1339677139' post='1692487']
... a Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer.

I bought one of these off of ebay a couple of months ago, and it's crying out for a PC interface.

Having said that hours, no make that weeks worth of patience and trial and error with all the various settings in the interface, and I've finally started to configure some of the synth, filter and fuzz tones that I need. It took me long enough to learn how to save your changes due to hidden parameters and permissions.

Anyone else had experience of this pedal?

[/quote]

i wouldn't part with mine for anything.

it's an enigma in a box, wrapped in another enigma ..

basically only used for fuzz / filter for me, i'd love to use it for synth, but it's more unpredictable than the global economy or the weather.