Why become a member? ×

Bass Rack Effects?

bassickman

TC Electronic do great effects racks. Amongst the best for the semi-pro and pro musician.

I recommend the TC Electronic G Major 2 and it's big brother the G Force. You will need a separate MIDI foot controller to change patches / effects etc.

I love these because they don't have any distortions or amp sims on. You can rely on your amp's natural tone and use the G Major 2 to switch channels on your amp for you. I've owned both and now have downsized. I am using a TC Electronic Nova System.

Failing that, the ole Lexicon MPX G2 is a good find on eBay. It looks like everything else somehow has to have a million amp sims and rubbish distortions on them! I've not yet found one I *really* like, though the Line6 X3 and Boss GT10B units that I had were not bad when you spent a lot of time with them.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1339599340' post='1691239']
Actually are there any good rack distortions?

I might start a rack instead of a pedalboard when I get looking properly
[/quote]

For Bass? Very limited! SWR's Interstellar Overdrive and Ampeg's SVP-BSP come to mind and maybe the odd 'one off' where pedals have been installed in to a rack, but not much else? Rat had a Juggernaut rack I think too? Maybe I'm imagining that though. The other option is to buy a guitar rack preamp or the usual line 6 / Boss type modelling kit instead. - But then we're back to amp sims which may or may not be desirable.