Why become a member? ×

Edinburgh Festival Anyone?

seashell

Is anyone going to, or performing at the Edinburgh festival this summer?

I'm going to be there 15-19 August. I haven't been before and am really looking forward to it.
If anyone else is going along and fancies meeting up, let me know.

And if anyone is performing, defintely let me know and I'll try and catch your act.!

seashell
x

• 1 month later...

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1339504587' post='1689388']
The band I play with will be doing our thing once again.

[url="http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/music/blues"]http://www.edfringe....-on/music/blues[/url]
[/quote]

Right, I've booked a ticket and I am coming to see your band on Sat 18th! :)

Anyone else going to be in Edinburgh next week?
Let me know if you want to meet up.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1344528716' post='1766065']
Right, I've booked a ticket and I am coming to see your band on Sat 18th! :)

Anyone else going to be in Edinburgh next week?
Let me know if you want to meet up.
[/quote]

Rock 'N' Roll!

I avoid it like the plague. Only ever relented to get dragged to see Johnny Vegas (early days) and Guy Pratt. Saw the latter twice: first time - great fun, entertaining with a touch of bass playing; second time - sh*t.

Edited by Stacker

I live here - been to see stuff every day since it started this year, mind you much of it has been free stuff with variable quality.

I have a buch of buddies over next week and we're doing 4/5 shows per day for a long weekend which has became a bit of a trdition for us. If you're stuck for company between shows gimme a shout and you can grab a pint with us. The more the merrier so that goes for anyone else who is knocking about. I'm happy to provide an email/mob number upon request......following all the necessary police checks ;)

gjones
Might try and get to your gig one night, maybe next Wed as we've nothing booked that night.

Some locals hate the festival but I've found it to be a great experience I guess its not for everyone!

G

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1344551694' post='1766467']
I live here - been to see stuff every day since it started this year, mind you much of it has been free stuff with variable quality.

I have a buch of buddies over next week and we're doing 4/5 shows per day for a long weekend which has became a bit of a trdition for us. If you're stuck for company between shows gimme a shout and you can grab a pint with us. The more the merrier so that goes for anyone else who is knocking about. I'm happy to provide an email/mob number upon request......following all the necessary police checks ;)

gjones
Might try and get to your gig one night, maybe next Wed as we've nothing booked that night.

Some locals hate the festival but I've found it to be a great experience I guess its not for everyone!

G
[/quote]

I'm not playing on the weds? :blink: I'm playing on Fri 10th and Sat 18th. All welcome.

Just to report...having a great time here. Atmosphere is lovely and everyone friendly. Looking forward to seeing gjones band tomorrow night. Will be bringing a couple of mates.
Havent had time to hook up with krispn yet as in addition to the friends I am here with i have also bumped into some luvvie mates from Brum and it has all gone a bit manic.
Am in my own today tho. Just felt like going off and doing my own thang.

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1345204348' post='1774920']
Just to report...having a great time here. Atmosphere is lovely and everyone friendly. Looking forward to seeing gjones band tomorrow night. Will be bringing a couple of mates.
Havent had time to hook up with krispn yet as in addition to the friends I am here with i have also bumped into some luvvie mates from Brum and it has all gone a bit manic.
Am in my own today tho. Just felt like going off and doing my own thang.
[/quote]

Just to say it's best to get there early because the early birds get the comfy seats and it's usually packed out.