Why become a member? ×

Bass Gallery

Pow_22

Ive seen a used bass on the bass gallery website that im very interested in, I have emailed them to see if they offer shipping within UK and had no response. Ive tried several phone calls but cant seem to get an answer. I assume they are still trading? Anyone else had any dealings with Bass Gallery?

I was at the Gallery around lunchtime today = John and Martin couldn't have been more helpful - they called Alex to help locate the Rivoli and spent 5 minutes looking for it. I can confirm that it's in very good, used condition - a very nice bass indeed. Shortscale, nice low action, great string tension and currently strung with flats. The sunburst is lovely. I only played the bass for around a minute (and then unplugged) but I'd be pleased to have it - nicely made and a very good player. I indicated that you'd try to establish contact by mail = I think Alex is back tomorrow so i suspect you'll have a response soon. I honestly couldn't recommend the Gallery more highly - great guys and some of the basses in there today (vintage and boutique) were just staggering - the temptation is ridiculous

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339610518' post='1691516']
great guys and some of the basses in there today (vintage and boutique) were just staggering - the temptation is ridiculous
[/quote]
Well, did you come away with anything?

[quote name='Pow_22' timestamp='1339483943' post='1688972']
Ive seen a used bass on the bass gallery website that im very interested in, I have emailed them to see if they offer shipping within UK and had no response. Ive tried several phone calls but cant seem to get an answer. I assume they are still trading? Anyone else had any dealings with Bass Gallery?
[/quote]

Hi

i would check your spam filter, I did reply to your emails, one on Monday, and one yesterday, congrats on a great bass, belongs to Ben Sergeant from The Script

Cheers

Alex

[quote name='Platypus' timestamp='1339617178' post='1691673']

Well, did you come away with anything?
[/quote]
Haha, no - I was behaving myself and actually left something there (only for a fix though - back next week to get it) - what a place - the surf green J nearly caused an accident ( bu**er me - gorgeous!)

Edited by lozbass

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339618163' post='1691701']

Haha, no - I was behaving myself and actually left something there (only for a fix though - back next week to get it) - what a place - the surf green J nearly caused an accident ( bu**er me - gorgeous!)
[/quote]

Was that the Fender P Special?

Excellent. Many thanks lozbass. Sounds like a go-er to me, been after a hollowbody for ages and seeing the video for The Twang - We Are A Crowd reignited my gas. Alex, ill check my spam filter and will probbaly give you a call to discuss this week. Thanks for everyones help

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339701447' post='1693088']
Pow, no problem at all - I hope all works out, a really lovely bass with some pedigree.

Platypus, sorry to mislead, it's the sonic blue '65 J - apparently belonged to Yolanda Charles - it looks stunning with a great re-fin.
[/quote]

Damn - just tried to look at this & the Gallery site is down :(

[quote name='lozbass' timestamp='1339701447' post='1693088']
Platypus, sorry to mislead, it's the sonic blue '65 J - apparently belonged to Yolanda Charles - it looks stunning with a great re-fin.
[/quote]

Ha, should have known, yes I say that one on the website, last week. No price quoted - not a good sign :)