Why become a member? ×

South West meeting Sun nov 18th 12-4. Venue now also confirmed see #135

0175westwood29

This is what os did at the last one, if this is what people want then we'll need around 20 expressions of interest....

"I organised one a couple of years ago in Shaftesbury in a local church hall.
I got a local luthier in to offer advise on set ups, etc.
X brought in some bits and pieces from his shop.
I got a drummer and a bass player to do a quirky demo of bizare bass playing, on a Shergold Marathon 8 string, x joined in for a Uileann pipe jazz fusion jam.
It was a nice afternoon, people brought their expensive and home made guitars/rigs....usual bass stuff."

At the last Yorkshire Bass Bash, I organised a stand from Bass Gear Ltd, a visit from the MarkBass rep, an informative demo/clinic from Scott Devine and Geoffbassist and a charity raffle with donations from JHS,Markbass and Hartke.

If you want something lower key I might be able to get a room in a pub for nowt and maybe10 or 12 bring our gear and just try it out/chat?

Here's a list of names culled from this thread. It may be useful to say if you are still interested and add you name if its not on the list please?

CraigplaysBass
Chris Horton
gafbass02
Evilundead
Dominsomerset
jimrs2k
Tommyk
Rasta
0175Westwood29
BottomE
Thor

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='yorks5stringer' timestamp='1350658513' post='1841924']
Got some venues lined up, once we have a good idea of how many will attend we'll announce which one. Also looking at some special guests, more details to be announced!
[/quote]

Excellent stuff, thank you for this, really looking forward to it. :)

BTW.... I only just worked out that you're now residing in Dorset sir... I couldn't work it out..... thought it was a strange and random act of kindness for someone from York's to be sorting out a bass bash down here!! :rolleyes: :blush:

"BTW.... I only just worked out that you're now residing in Dorset sir... I couldn't work it out..... thought it was a strange and random act of kindness for someone from York's to be sorting out a bass bash down here!! "

Shh, I don't like people to know I have knighthood, then they'd work out who I really am...."Mull of Kyn....."

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1350686248' post='1842437']
Is it worth if ppl are bringing stuff to say what there bringing or not?
[/quote]

Up to you really. It can be quite interesting to see what will be on display.

These events can be a useful place to bring stuff you're looking to sell too, as people have the chance to try it out, negotiate face to face, and take it away.
So bring your cash too folks, you could go home with more than you came with, (best bring some "smuggling/cloaking devices" with you for unloading the other end).

[quote name='oldslapper' timestamp='1350724592' post='1842634']

Up to you really. It can be quite interesting to see what will be on display.

These events can be a useful place to bring stuff you're looking to sell too, as people have the chance to try it out, negotiate face to face, and take it away.
So bring your cash too folks, you could go home with more than you came with, (best bring some "smuggling/cloaking devices" with you for unloading the other end).
[/quote]

Haha oh so true!

Well im hoping they be a few pedalboards with some fun stuff on?

Ill bring my headlite, hartke 112 and 1153 trace cab.

As i doubt either of the cabs will have sold by then. Also ill bring my modulus so if ppl fancy giving it a spin they can.

Andy