Why become a member? ×

Anyone got any experience with Clover or Xotic?

bassickman

[sup]Can't go wrong with either.[/sup]

[sup]Xotic is more pricey but in my opinion doesn't offer anything playability wise over the Clover. Both sound great but the Xotic has a far more versatile preamp than the Clover range. Having said that, many may find the tweakibility a bit cumbersome compared to the simplicity of the Clover. Presumably you are looking at the Aperion range if you are comparing to the Xotics?[/sup]

I played this at [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/pre-owned/bass-guitars1/xotic-xj-1t-5-pre-owned/"]BassGear[/url] last week:

Really nice 'refined' bass I thought. I'm not really a 5 string player but it looked really nice hanging on the wall so I just had to have a quick blast :)

Some very nice touches, like the wooden pickup covers, and lots of tonal options.

Ha, I´m living in Clover-city! Jörg Neugebauer have his company here.

I just know a 5-string from the XPression series and an apeiron 4-string with that hybrid bridge pup. They were both crafted with outstanding skills, very very clean. Both sounds very good with an even and precise tone.

What I don´t digged was the Delano hybrid-pup at the apeiron. It sounded pretty well itself, but don´t deliver a music man stingray sound. It might have something to do with the built-in position, which is not original to get any mm-sound out if it. If it were to me I would choose a classic apeiron. ;^)

The avenger series might be very interesting too due to its rich switching options of the three pickups. I think it could outran there a Xotic J versality-wise of getting really different tones from each other.

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1339078290' post='1683305']
I played this at [url="http://www.bassgear.co.uk/products-page/pre-owned/bass-guitars1/xotic-xj-1t-5-pre-owned/"]BassGear[/url] last week:
[/quote]

If you aren't on commission already... you should be.

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1339149705' post='1684316']
If you aren't on commission already... you should be.
[/quote]

I promise you I'm not :)

Bassgear is a whole 15 minutes drive away from me so I pop in all the time for a natter & a play on whatever is in stock.

I sometimes fill in for Phil if he needs to take a day out for collection or delivery - my favourite ever voluntary job :D