Why become a member? ×

Orange Micro Terror

Doctor J

[quote name='Mark_Andertons' timestamp='1338660928' post='1677805']
Similarly to the Blackstar HT5H it's a great sounding head through the matching cab but (again same at the HT5H) once you put it through a good 4x12... just, wow. The price just seems totally disconnected from good the thing sounds. Gets incredibly close the Tiny Terror (albeit a fair bit quieter)
[/quote]

I've just bought a HT5 head and that sounds superb. It was a toss-up between that and the Orange Dark-Terror. The HT5 sounds superb. Loads of gain. I quite fancy this though - for the price, you can't go wrong.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1343141945' post='1745954']
I've just bought a HT5 head and that sounds superb. It was a toss-up between that and the Orange Dark-Terror. The HT5 sounds superb. Loads of gain. I quite fancy this though - for the price, you can't go wrong.
[/quote]

Oh and by the way, you have to remember Chappers is a supreme guitar player.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought it for my g****r, but just had to try with a bass.
Success!

Now remember I'm a bass noob, but I tried it with a Classic Vibe '50s Precision and the PPC108 speaker (only one), and lo and behold, with the signal coming from these Ps, I could easily decide how clean it was gonna be.

Also, no problem putting bass volume on full and amp gain on full for rockin' overdrive.

For me, with its headphone out and aux in, it's a definite keeper. Definitely buying another PPC108 as well., and will sell both guitar combo and a bass combo.

Will report back when I've tried it with larger cabs.

best,
bert