Why become a member? ×

New Rush CD

ead

For the 50% of us who enjoy Rush here's a link to a track from the forthcoming CD. Check the bass on this, how does he do that and sing simulataneously :(

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFGrWjOX0E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcFGrWjOX0E[/url]

[quote name='Doctor J' timestamp='1338447970' post='1674594']
Another Classic Rock victim here. Waiting is the hardest part.
[/quote]

+1

Does it look like the Rickenbacker is making a comeback or is that just for the vid I wonder?

[quote]Dear Justin

We’re pleased to advise that your copy of Classic Rock Presents Rush: "Clockwork Angels" Fan Pack is on its way to you.[/quote]

Yeow! With Royal Mail and An Post at the wheel I should get it by Tuesday week, probably :D

I am a rushaholic .... have been since 1979.

Here is a great site for all things Rush if you havn't seen it before.

[url="http://www.rushisaband.com/"]http://www.rushisaband.com/[/url]

There is a great picture if you scroll down a bit of Geddy Alex, Neil and Pete Townsend at a recent event. What a great combination those 4 could be!

[quote name='Mr Fudge' timestamp='1338583774' post='1676942']
There is a great picture if you scroll down a bit of Geddy Alex, Neil and Pete Townsend at a recent event. What a great combination those 4 could be!
[/quote]

What would Pete Townsend add? He's got nothing to add musically and I'd hate for Rush to be sullied by associating with someone like Townsend.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1338618951' post='1677199']
What would Pete Townsend add? He's got nothing to add musically and I'd hate for Rush to be sullied by associating with someone like Townsend.
[/quote]

Peart and Lee often quote that Moon and The Ox are massive influences on them. It would be interesting to lock them in a room with Pete for a couple of hours. Rush cover of The Seeker on their feedback album tells you all you need to know.

Just listening to Clockwork Angels at the moment. The download I have lists 'Headlong Flight' as track 0 so is this song actually on the regular release or not? there are 12 tracks including HF though BU2B part 2 is a bit of a throwaway. There are a few more songs running at over 6 mins in addition to HF. Quite liking 'The Anarchist' at the moment. Seven Cities Of Gold has some good moments as well. Overall the geneal sound and production is pretty similar to Snakes and Arrows. I think what is letting recent Rush releases down is Geddy's singing. He's hitting the notes but it just sounds a bitstrained and the approach to a lot of songs is so similar (both here and on S&A) that a lot of songs become a bit homogeneous. It makes it a bit of a relief when a song like 'The Wreckers' comes up with a less complex sound and more laid back feel so his voice comes through clearer. Overrall a decent effort though. May post more thoughts after a few more listens.

Edited by KevB

Headlong Flight is track 9.

After a first listen to the whole thing, I'm preferring this album over S&A by quite some way. There's some good stuff on there & Neil's new approach to drum parts has loosened up his playing nicely. Geddy's vocals are probably the weakest point (but people have been saying that for one reason or another since Rush started). To my ears, the quality & variety of songs is a big improvement on recent offerings. I'm pleasantly surprised.

EDIT: to say that although they are just remixes of the previous recordings, the two older tracks (Caravan & BU2B) sound much better here. I'm especially liking Caravan a lot more than I did.

Edited by jonsmith

It has arrived. Mug o' scaldy just brewed, time to sit back and crank it (and I do mean [i]crank[/i] it,I do love living in the sticks, no neighbours for about 50 metres :D ).

Magazine looks nice, found my name in the poster, all is well in the world.

Yeah, WTF? Nothing. How are people getting it delivered on a bank holiday?

iTunes lists it as available on June 11. I thought I was getting this fan pack sh*t a month earlier than general release?

Also, I ordered direct from the Classic Rock publisher and had no email, are Amazon orders the ones with this email confirming despatch?

What is going on?