Why become a member? ×

So who's playing a Jubilee gig? :)

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' timestamp='1338388882' post='1673738']
Heyy, Long time so speak!

Jubilee seems to be full of gigs! So it would be interesting to see who's playing this bank holiday weekend :)

I'm playing on Monday with my new band, and I can't bloody wait!

Thought I'd pop back in to say Hi, seeing as it's been a good while!

Hope you're all good,

Zoe
x
[/quote]

Welcome back! This is a pleasant surprise, I was expecting [i]another [/i]'Should we play "God save the Queen" by The Sex Pistols at our Jubilee gig?' thread :lol:

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' timestamp='1338389153' post='1673748']

(I have no idea why my profile picture is cutting off the top of my head...)
[/quote]

Have you checked in the mirror - I reckon somebody's nicked your head and put it on ebay !

Welcome back.

No Jubilee gigs for me , though I do have regular gigs this weekend. I've never been a fan of the monarchy and I couldn't get involved in a jubilee event given my views.

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1338389302' post='1673755']
Great to see you back! How you doing?
[/quote]

Hey man!
I'm doing pretty damn good :D Yourself??

x

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1338389419' post='1673762']
Welcome back! This is a pleasant surprise, I was expecting [i]another [/i]'Should we play "God save the Queen" by The Sex Pistols at our Jubilee gig?' thread :lol:
[/quote]

Haha same ol' same ol'...

x

[quote name='Dr.Dave' timestamp='1338389523' post='1673766']
Have you checked in the mirror - I reckon somebody's nicked your head and put it on ebay !

Welcome back.

No Jubilee gigs for me , though I do have regular gigs this weekend. I've never been a fan of the monarchy and I couldn't get involved in a jubilee event given my views.
[/quote]

Haha, it's confusing, cause if I click on my profile... it's the picture I want it to be, before the 'losing half my head' accident haha

Any excuse for a gig though :D

x

I'm doing a bit of one on the moor on Monday night, not flag waving though, I'm somewhat of a republican. Not letting that get in the way of an excuse for a bit of a knees up though, shall just get pissed and argue with the other side. :)

Then up to the big smoke for a proper gig in kentish town on wednesday night (at the Bull and Gate, with Maz Totterdell /shameless plug)

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' timestamp='1338389699' post='1673772'] Any excuse for a gig though :D x [/quote] Well , not ANY excuse. I think about 1000 excuses plus petrol might get me playing a jubilee event. I'd have to keep something crossed but for a grand I'm mercenary enough to put my views aside and go all 'God bless her ' etc etc. You just know such events will let saucepans in though and then I'll only get some outraged parent wanting to lynch me for playing Gary Glitter songs and making gags about 'do you want to see some puppies'. It happened at a charity fundraiser last year! It almost put us off spending our 'travel expenses' (!). The gig we have on Sunday - a regular like I said - last time there a woman came up to me at half time and said angrily ...quote... 'fancy saying 'w***ing' on a Sunday , it's a f***ing disgrace'. I doubt irony is a frequent visitor to her mind set somehow !

Edited by Dr.Dave

[size=4]Welcome back Zoe. We're playing the jubilee party in Cookham Dean on Monday . Dont mind saying Happy Birthday to Her Madge. She is my boss after all and shes given most of her life to the country. Props where they are due.[/size]

Edited by Maxcat

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1338389419' post='1673762']
[/quote]
Well, we're going to play it, unless someone gets there first, we're doing a 3 day beer/music festival near Brighton

Kind of you to ask. My arm has been 'playable' since the beginning of March. The gig is OK but I feel a bit of pain the day after, so waking up next Wed could be, er, interesting.

(sorry, Seashell, didn't quote your post but hope it made sense)

Edited by bassace

Afternoon gig on the bank holiday Monday. Offered to provide live music for a street party so I've ended up having to bribe a mate to join me in a duo set with backing tracks. At least it will only be 100 yards from my house so no travel involved and I can enjoy a beer or three between sets. No permanent band at the moment so at least it gives me chance to wheel the bass rig out for an afternoon.