Why become a member? ×

Honeys trial set - please read "Innovation trial sets" before posting

daflewis

Ok Daf I'll hang on to them for a bit and see who wants them.

Roll up roll up, get your free trial of the wonderful Innovation Honeys here!! :D

I liked these but still prefered my Rockabillys. The honeys, to me, sound more refined than the RABs with more sustain but that just caused me problems with a touch of feedback, nothing major but it was there. The slap sound was more harsh than the RABs although I prefered the slightly higher tension, I get carried away when not meant to be slapping, giving a slap of the strings against the fingerboard between notes and the Cajonist (is that even a word?) gives me 'the look', I can still do this with the Honeys to give a certain feel to the timing but it doesn't give a loud clack as easy, I haven't described that well but maybe you know what I mean :blush: .
For me it's still the RABs but that's probably because the music we play calls for a nice dark, gutty sound and I don't need a refined sound so although there is good and bad about both sets, the RABs just clinched it.
Ultras next, they could be 'the one' :) .

Hi again Maude :)
Yeh, a number of people have mentioned about the amplified sound of the RAB/Ultras - it seems that the darker sound and fewer upper harmonics of the strings mean that feedback is less of a problem and you get a stronger 'simpler" fundamental to the note... More thump and less growl....
Thanks for adding your thoughts - as always, much appreciated! And maybe you'll actually get to try those other strings soon...! ;)
Cheers,
Daf :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Apologies for the late posting of these strings. My wife has just had our first child so things have been a bit mental around my house of late!

Aaaaanyway, I loved the way these play so much that I bought a set. Perfect tension for me, as I'm primarily a bass guitarist so I wanted a lower tension string but still wanted some punch in the sound. Fantastic. Way better than the Helicors that I've had on until now. More character in the sound and as I mentioned, the tension is making it a lot easier to play.

Jimmy Sims

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

There has been some confusion recently about what to do when you've finished with the strings, so just a reminder for everyone...

There's a list in the opening post of each topic that I update as often as I can, so you can keep an eye on where the strings are and also see who you need to contact when you're done with them. -

(But it's all in the terms and conditions thread, which everyone has, of course, read... ;) :D )

Cheers,
Daf :)

• 2 weeks later...

Could you add me to the list also, no rush!!

fairly new to DB and the whole string thing is messing with my head! From what I've read Honeys sound like the ones I want but this is awesome to be able to try before you buy

Dave

• 5 months later...

Hello dafLewis. Could you please add me to the list for these?

I play almost exclusively jazz pizz. - but I, erm, well, I [i]own[/i] a bow...

Will possibly have to take these gigging if they are around for a week or so. They're going on a carved, modified Romanian flatback (yes, one of [i]those[/i]), with a mic/piezo setup for amplification.

Will be very pleased to check these out.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...