Left leaderboard
Sign in to follow this  
daflewis

Honeys trial set - please read "Innovation trial sets" before posting

Hi Tiki,
I think we can sort that... :) I'll put you on the list after jwbassman - John, would you mind posting them to Belgium? if not (and i'd quite understand!) then send them to me when you're done and i'll post them on.

Actually, does anyone know where the strings are at the moment? :)

Hi Daf, can you please add my dame to the list for the Honey's?

I haven't seen a thread of the Braid's, but would like to try them as well if possible?

Hi Phil,
Oops! Sorry, dropped the ball there - consider yourself on the list....

As for the braids, yes, again I commented without thinking - they're not on trial at the moment, the reason being that I think we're going to be replacing them with the new prototypes that I've been working on - I'll be putting these up for testing soon hopefully! :)

[quote name='daflewis' timestamp='1351416386' post='1850870']As for the braids, yes, again I commented without thinking - they're not on trial at the moment, the reason being that I think we're going to be replacing them with the new prototypes that I've been working on - I'll be putting these up for testing soon hopefully! :)[/quote]
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

Hi all,
Just doing a bit of housekeeping.... Anyone know where we're at at the moment?
Ta,
Daf

P.S. I've added a list of people in the opening post.

Edited by daflewis

Hi Daf

I've got them at the moment - arrived a couple of days ago, haven't had chance to fit them yet, hopefully over the Christmas holiday I'll have a free day and will get them on - how long is it acceptable to hang on to them for?

Cheers

John

Hi John,
We've tried to keep it to a couple of weeks each or there about, but Christmas is a tricky time so I'm sure everyone would understand if you kept them a little longer.. :)
Cheers,
Daf

Daf you have PM :)

And for those of you who are interested (and bearing in mind I'm still quite new to all this, and have nothing except the Evah's that came on my bass for comparison) I found the Honeys to be a bit louder on my bass, seemed to have slightly more overtones/harmonics and they bow pretty well too - they weren't as dark sounding as the Evah's to my ear... but if I was looking to buy a new set of strings I'd certainly consider them as them seem very good value.

I'm looking forward to trying the Ultra Black's next :)

Cheers

John

Hi All,
Just so you know, the honeys have been to Tiki and are currently with Philparker... who's last on the list at the moment - anyone else interested??

Hi Johnny,
Yeh, no problem - I'll put you on the list... I've no idea where we're at at the moment, so I'll look in to it.
Cheers,
Daf

Ok, hopefully I'm in the right place this time! Can I be next on the list please if there's nobody else?

Thanks

Pete