Why become a member? ×

Honeys trial set - please read "Innovation trial sets" before posting

daflewis

Hi Tiki,
I think we can sort that... :) I'll put you on the list after jwbassman - John, would you mind posting them to Belgium? if not (and i'd quite understand!) then send them to me when you're done and i'll post them on.

Actually, does anyone know where the strings are at the moment? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil,
Oops! Sorry, dropped the ball there - consider yourself on the list....

As for the braids, yes, again I commented without thinking - they're not on trial at the moment, the reason being that I think we're going to be replacing them with the new prototypes that I've been working on - I'll be putting these up for testing soon hopefully! :)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='daflewis' timestamp='1351416386' post='1850870']As for the braids, yes, again I commented without thinking - they're not on trial at the moment, the reason being that I think we're going to be replacing them with the new prototypes that I've been working on - I'll be putting these up for testing soon hopefully! :)[/quote]
Thanks. Looking forward to it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Daf you have PM :)

And for those of you who are interested (and bearing in mind I'm still quite new to all this, and have nothing except the Evah's that came on my bass for comparison) I found the Honeys to be a bit louder on my bass, seemed to have slightly more overtones/harmonics and they bow pretty well too - they weren't as dark sounding as the Evah's to my ear... but if I was looking to buy a new set of strings I'd certainly consider them as them seem very good value.

I'm looking forward to trying the Ultra Black's next :)

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, can I be added to the list please?
I ordered my new bass with the rockabillys on the strength of these innovation pages, I had to start somewhere, but it was a toss up between rockabillys, honeys or ultrablacks.
I went with the rockabillys as I have wackers on my EUB (which work particularly well despite the nay sayers)so thought I'd break myself in tension wise with something lighter but I'd like to test the water so to speak with the honeys.
Thanks, Allan.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad there's nobody next in line as I was hoping to keep the Honeys on until the Ultras turned up (which should've been weeks ago) to save swapping back to my Rockabillys inbetween.
I assume I just send them back to you Daf when I'm done if no one steps up?