Why become a member? ×

I'm sure others more knowledgable than I will correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me, for it's condition, this seems quite reasonably priced. However, surely the seller would stand to get more for it if they actually revealed who the celebrity owner was whilst the auction was live? Unless the seller has no provenance, then the information is worthless, so why mention it.

Link posted by bassicinstinct below.

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

Here you go chaps:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1966-Vintage-Fender-Precision-bass-guitar-USA-original-sunburst-CELEBRITY-OWNED-/251069943684?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a74ef4f84"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1966-Vintage-Fender-Precision-bass-guitar-USA-original-sunburst-CELEBRITY-OWNED-/251069943684?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a74ef4f84[/url]

[quote name='ebay']
We will just say that its a well established bass player, played in woodstock in 1969, same stage as hendrix...
[/quote]

Not that it really matters a damn (isn't there enough price inflation in old Fenders without quarter-namedropping a famous owner too?) but does that mean that it belongs to Billy Cox? Or just someone who played on the same stage as Hendrix, but not at the same time as Hendrix? Pah, I hate guessing games.

£5K for a transition P is a lot of money in this market. The 'celebrity owned' reference adds very little to the value unless there's a stack of authentication &, ideally, some recorded songs and/or videos with it.

Definitely over-priced either way. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1338066629' post='1669310']
£5K for a transition P is a lot of money in this market. The 'celebrity owned' reference adds very little to the value unless there's a stack of authentication &, ideally, some recorded songs and/or videos with it.

Definitely over-priced either way. . .
[/quote]

They have a letter from Larry Taylor, and videos are available on youtube etc for all to see. I've seen those videos though, and I think its a different bass, there is a distinctive mark on the one at Woody, and it ain't on the bass listed??

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1338071945' post='1669395']
They have a letter from Larry Taylor, and videos are available on youtube etc for all to see. I've seen those videos though, and I think its a different bass, there is a distinctive mark on the one at Woody, and it ain't on the bass listed??
[/quote]
Good enough for me.
Rick smells a rat.
'nuff said.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1338071945' post='1669395']
[/quote]

It doesn't say that the bass was played at Woodstock, just that the owner played there.