Why become a member? ×

GONE: 1990 Warwick Thumb NT6 Custom finish

rumour6

1990 Thumb NT6:

Custom factory finish, never seen another; looks black but is actually a slightly transparent very dark blue/purple.

I’m told by the previous owner it’s one of a set: a 4 a 5 and a 6 done for a show in 1990.

Good condition for age, some small dings but nothing major at all.

Handmade era, heavy duty hardware, you can see from the pix the extra weight to the tuner keys, bridge castings etc.

Plays very easily, low action no buzzing, little fret wear; very, very articulate sound with a really solid low B

Currently has Seymour Duncan Basslines fitted but the factory fit Bartolinis are included in the sale. 2 band EQ: Master Vol, Pan, stack Tr/Bass.

Strung with Elixirs.

Comes in an original Warwick Alu fitted flight case (in its cardboard outer). Some wear but it’s a flight case!!! Works well; when I got this it arrived from Germany in tune!

[size=5][b]£1,650[/b][/size]

[b]Thanks for the many offers of trades I've had but I think I'm going to have to sell and buy; this does however mean there's some wriggle room....[/b] :lol:

Thanks for looking.

[attachment=108498:bodyfront.jpg] [attachment=108499:bodyrear.jpg]

[attachment=108502:fullfront.jpg] [attachment=108501:fullback.jpg] [attachment=108500:cover.jpg]

[attachment=108503:hsfront.jpg] [attachment=108504:hsrear.jpg]

Edited by rumour6

Thanks all, I do like the green Pedulla, in fact I think it looks really cool, but I really am covered for basses with a new ACG incoming...
Price isn't set in stone so feel free to offer.. £10 is definitely out though...

ta

from [i][b]sunny? [/b][/i]Scotland (for a change)

Edited by rumour6

[quote name='rumour6' timestamp='1338241224' post='1671585']
This one balances fine... seriously, no neck dive. Light it's not but balances it does... The last 1990 I had did as well but none of the newer ones I've had did...
[/quote]

In that case....would you accept an arm for it? :)

Very, very nice instrument!

I believe the 4-string from the set was mine for quite a while, or at least one with the same finish. It was from '89 and had gold hardware instead of black.
Unfortunately I had to sell it a few months ago.... :(
It now resides in the UK.

The finish on yours should be fantastic, if it's the same as mine was. I made a few pics under strong lighting to show the real nature of the finish:

[url="http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m586/Satrugar/WW%20Thumb%2089/"]Pics[/url]

The more light fell onto it, the more it changed from black to some kind of translucent blue and the better you could see the wood grain. Is it the same effect on yours?

I can also confirm that Thumbs from that era have far less neck dive than more recent ones. I believe it's because of the way thinner neck and because they used a VERY heavy solid brass bridge back then instead of the newer one made from a much lighter alloy. Made the bass heavier overall but greatly improved balance.

Good luck with the sale!

Janis

Vielen Dank Janis, yes same really deep finish and effect but the blue in your's is more pronounced: your's is also the only other one I've seen with exactly (albeit gold) the same hardware, extra thick squared off tuning keys, thicker bridge components etc. Overall the weight just makes it ring for ever... neck is very slim, I think the change was around '93 but not absolutely sure.

Andy

Wow!

Awesome looking bass, if it had one less string i would be running to the bank for a big brother for my 4, 6 is probably a little too much for me.

Bumpo for an awesome bass!