Why become a member? ×

OBBMs Leads

Lozz196

Just a quick review of the leads produced by our very own OBBM.

Very good quality products, at very good prices - I`ve paid more, for mainstream products that have been nowhere near as good.

Soundwise, A/B-ing between my OBBM lead, and my old Planet Waves lead, the difference in sound can be described as reducing scratchy mids, and boosting, but tightening both the lows and highs.

As good a description could be, it makes it sound like you`ve just changed strings.

Which isn`t bad, for just swapping leads.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1337684483' post='1663849']
Soundwise, A/B-ing between my OBBM lead, and my old Planet Waves lead, the difference in sound can be described as reducing scratchy mids, and boosting, but tightening both the lows and highs.

As good a description could be, it makes it sound like you`ve just changed strings.
[/quote]

Is the difference really this noticeable?

Wow!

Could the same be said for if I swapped over five or six 6" patch cables to higher quality ones?

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337713219' post='1664454']
Is the difference really this noticeable?

Wow!

Could the same be said for if I swapped over five or six 6" patch cables to higher quality ones?
[/quote]

I`d say so, I was very surprised when I heard the difference. Now, all my leads are OBBMs, including patch-leads.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1337713219' post='1664454']
Is the difference really this noticeable? Could the same be said for if I swapped over five or six 6" patch cables to higher quality ones?[/quote]

I was using a standard 200m patch cable and got one of Dave's purely to match my OBBM bass cable... and it does seem to be an improvement somehow, but I'm quite prepared to believe it's the placebo effect!

There is nothing illusory about the quality and service you get from Dave, however. :D

Don't forget your speaker cables. Second to none, imho. Fast delivery (to France..!), custom lengths/fittings, top of the field fabrication. Let's hear it for OBBM..!

[url=http://www.emoticonland.net/emoticone-smiley_applaudissements_gratuit.html][/url]

• 11 months later...

[quote name='mike 110' timestamp='1370786460' post='2105481']
This may warrant me a clip round the ear but who is OBBM?[/quote]

Consider your ear clipped. ;) He is a Basschat member who makes very high quality leads and cables to order and at an unbeatable price. [size=4]Many members use his products exclusively, and with good reason. [/size][size=4]All my leads and cables are obbm. I've been using them for years and had not one single failure, problem or cause of complaint. Recommended. :)[/size]

[url="http://www.rock-wire.uk.com/"]http://www.rock-wire.uk.com/[/url]
[color=#ffffff]Z[/color]

Edited by discreet

[quote name='mike 110' timestamp='1370786460' post='2105481']
This may warrant me a clip round the ear but who is OBBM ?
[/quote]

I am :D

I've been a member here for well over 10 years, since the days of the original Bassworld forum.

I'm not going to get into any perceived improvements in sound (mostly because I haven't heard any and it's somewhere below my level of caring - I want reliable cables that work, end of). Dave's cables are solid, reliable and dependable. He's also a breeze to deal with, ask him for what you want, pay the man and in a very short period of time the cable(s) arrive at your door. What more do you need? With the exception of my first ever instrument cable, which (sentimentality aside) is pretty neat looking (clear brown jacket so you can see the braid underneath) and seems to be of a similar bulletproof construction, all my cables are OBBM. Instrument cables, speaker cable, patch lead. There's a rather lonely one in my bag of gig bits and bobs which only sees the light of day when someone in the band forgets/breaks theirs ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Well, zombie thread review but I had to show this photo... latest cable order from Rock Wire aka @obbm arrived yesterday. Six metre bass lead with one straight and one angled Neutrik. Beautifully made to the highest quality as usual. However, while I do very much like and rate the Klotz and Van Damme cable I’ve had in all my previous orders, this was my first cable with Sommer Spirit LL X wire. Have to say I’m even more impressed. While the others are top quality wires the Sommer wire feels even more substantial, like it’s a wire that takes its role in life seriously and is determined never to let you down. A bit stiffer and heavier gauge than the others but looks and feels the business. Even more impressed than usual.

Th other half of my order were a couple of 3m mono jack to female XLR cables (Van Damme balanced mic cable) bought with a specific purpose in mind. And as this photo proves, there is no audio application in life that’s not greatly enhanced by a really good quality cable!

34126002-354F-47B4-A49F-436C6A591964.thumb.jpeg.65507aa225e76fc56578eb43f0b2ec46.jpeg

“Let It Go”, “The Bare Necessities” and “Supercaliwotsitdoodad” never sounded so good!