Why become a member? ×

Has anyone used the TC RH450 with Trace Elliot cabs?

big rob

Hi All,
I am thinking of getting a TC RH450 but dont think i can manage to get the matching cabs at the moment. Therefore i am thinking of using my existing 2x10 with HF trace cab.
Would be interested if anyone has tried this or has any advice on the subject.

Thanks in Advance

Rob

yep. i was in the same position as you when i got my RH450. Had a 2x10 and 15 Trace from a previous rig. I thought they paired nicely and shifted some air. Although at the time i was happy with the sound, when i eventually got hold of a cheap RS212 it took the RH to a different level in my opinion. My advice would be to go for it with your existing cab. Then it'll be all the sweeter when you get the matching cabs!

It wouldn't be my match on the face of it...but as a stop gap, then sure.
I think TC amps will work best with cabs designed for their nuances..and I really liked the RH750 with matching RS210 cabs..but would be wary
otherwise. But then this is normal with a lot of amps and cabs..so match well and others don't...

You can have forgiving and clean amps and cabs so generally clean and clean works and dirty/forgiving match well, but as always, plug it in and
see what you think/hear.

If I was going down the TC route..it would be with their cabs as well, eventually.

Thanks for the advice guys, looking at getting a single RS210 in the end to match with it and would like to go with the cab matching the amp but its alot of pennies all at once. Theotherphiljones how was the move from Trace to TC are you happier with the TC?

I am currently using my RH450 with a RS210 and a trace elliot 1518c bottom cab and i have been using this set up for about a year now,done 20/25 gigs and i havent had a problem.It is extremely loud if you want it to be and has plenty of ooomph! It has masses of bottom end and can shake windows and more importantly you dont lose the quality of the sound.I do think that it gives you your own unique sound aswell. I also have a 2x10 trace cab that i will try out with both these cabs one day just to hear what it sounds like but as it stands i'm well happy with it.I did plan to buy a RS212 but i do wonder if it really does make that much of a difference for the money.I would however buy one if a second hand one came along for the right price.Trace Elliot speakers are top quality and do the job very well IMO.