Why become a member? ×

Fender 2012 American Standard Jazz

gsgbass

I played a 2012 Am. Std. Jazz, and the 2011 Am. Std. Jazz, side by side. The CS 60"s pups on the 2012, were a little deeper than the Alnico V's on the 2011. The Fender factory strings on the 2012, are brass ball ends. Not colored ball ends like on the 2011 also. The quality is great, as well as the sound. From what I remember of a 60's Jazz sound, the 2012 I played had the sound.

Thank you Gents. I haven't been this up on a bass in a while. Not seeing one of the 2012's was a bit of a gamble. I've had a few American Standards, but not with the sound this one has. My opinion, the CS 60"s pups for me, were well worth it. I may have just bought my last bass.

[quote name='gsgbass' timestamp='1337207433' post='1657285']
Thank you Gents. I haven't been this up on a bass in a while. Not seeing one of the 2012's was a bit of a gamble. I've had a few American Standards, but not with the sound this one has. My opinion, the CS 60"s pups for me, were well worth it.[b] I may have just bought my last bass[/b].
[/quote]

^ :lol: As if....You're a bass player, remember.....

Seriously, nice bass, glad you are loving it. :)

Edited by TommyK

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1337344714' post='1658514']
Interesting! To me, that neck just doesn't quite look right... Is that the standard fingerboard option? I just think it needs blocks or a RW board. Just what I'm used to I suppose... :)
[/quote]

Blocks aren't an option on the Am. Std. Jazz with the Maple. I does come in both Maple, and a buffed Rosewood. I really am liking the Am. Std. Jazz / Hartke LH500 head / Acoustic B410 cab. sounding very good.

[IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/roadrex/2991410.jpg[/IMG]

Edited by gsgbass