Rush UK Tour 2013

toneknob

[size=4]Clockwork Angels tour gets to Europe next Spring...[/size]

[size=4][color=#000000]Wed May 22nd Manchester Arena[/color]
[color=#000000]Fri May 24th London, O2 Arena[/color]
[color=#000000]Sun May 26th Birmingham, LG Arena[/color]
[color=#000000]Tues May 28th Sheffield, Motorpoint Arena[/color]
[color=#000000]Thurs May 30th Glasgow, SECC [/color][/size]

[size=4]Tickets on sale properly on Friday with assorted pre-sales beforehand. That's a full year and a few days before the gigs.[/size]

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1337016314' post='1654085']
[size=4]"[color=#000000]priced at £60/£75 (subject to booking fee)" according to the Roadrunner announcement, which looks about the same as last time.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Jesus Christ!

I'd love to see them, but I can't justify that!

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337028013' post='1654397']
Not very "rock n roll" is it organising gig dates over a year in advance?

How do we know they'll still be alive?
[/quote]

You hush yo' mout' Red X!

I love Rush. Saw them last time round at £72 and said I would never pay that much again. Freakin' rip off. Can't believe they need to charge these prices...it's not like they're broke! Lost touch with the regular fan. Mind you, the wife wants to see Madonna at £110!!

I see they're not coming to Newcastle. At least that gets me out of the dilemma of having to decide whether or not to go. I've seen them twice now at £50 a ticket on the past two tours and whilst they were great, I am not sure it's worth me paying that to hear [i]Limelight[/i] again,

As much as I love them, I'd probably give it a miss this time around.

[quote name='Chris2112' timestamp='1337063677' post='1654648']
I see they're not coming to Newcastle. At least that gets me out of the dilemma of having to decide whether or not to go. I've seen them twice now at £50 a ticket on the past two tours and whilst they were great, I am not sure it's worth me paying that to hear [i]Limelight[/i] again,

As much as I love them, I'd probably give it a miss this time around.
[/quote]

+1.

No Newcastle gig makes it even more unlikely for me this time around.

To be honest, I'd happily trade a few less lasers, a few less pyros and a few less vending machines for CDs that have better songs and better mastering.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337028013' post='1654397']
How do we know they'll still be alive?
[/quote]

I think that goes for all of us to be honest.

Edited by toneknob

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1337072322' post='1654785']
I that goes for all of us to be honest.
[/quote]

Which is what I was getting at (although I would guess that the average age of a Rush member is higher than the average age of a Basschatter). The idea of committing over a year in advance to something as ephemeral as a gig date is a completely alien concept to me.

It takes me bloody forever to get to the o2, and it's even worse to get back from, AND I don't think it's a particularly good venue. It's not as if they need the money, I tend to stretch to £50 for Maiden (though the last time the ticket was a gift), if they stuck price level I'd consider it, but I can just do so many other things with £80 (tube fare, booking fee, pint at gig so I can enjoy myself a bit).

It just smacks of not giving two sh1ts about their fans, and being completely out of touch with people struggling in the real world. No thanks, not for me.

I think Sting has it right, his tickets are pricey but about 50% of the face value goes to charity, that I don't mind.

Edited by dc2009

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1337075152' post='1654823']
Which is what I was getting at (although I would guess that the average age of a Rush member is higher than the average age of a Basschatter). The idea of committing over a year in advance to something as ephemeral as a gig date is a completely alien concept to me.
[/quote]

See your point, but for me it's a case of buy ticket, stick date in diary, forget. Look at diary some time later, hurray I'm seeing Rush this week.

If they're selling out shows at £75, then they would probably sell out two at a more reasonable £45-50, definitely in London at least and possibly Manchester and others. Limiting it to just one date and cranking up the prices just seems like shafting the fans to me. I'd love to see Rush live but it's probably going to be heading towards maybe £85-90 per ticket once ticketmaster [s]extract their blood money[/s] add their fees, just can't justify it.

[quote name='dc2009' timestamp='1337076390' post='1654846']
It takes me bloody forever to get to the o2, and it's even worse to get back from....[/quote]
REALLY? "Bloody forever"? :huh:
I'm sorry, but it'd take me 3 hours to even get to any of the cities they're playing in, let alone the venue.
Forgive me if my sympathy is a little shortcoming at the moment.

(And yes, do also forgive me for being one of those poor people that haven't moved to live in the metropolis). :)

Think I'll be bailing on this too for much same reasons as WOT. I really only went last time to hear all of Moving Pictures done as a 'suite'. Even if they did all of Signals (which was rumoured at one point) I couldn't justify those prices. I'll probably nip to the Diamond later this year and catch Bravado for less than a tenner instead ;)

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1337077144' post='1654875']
I'm sorry, but it'd take me 3 hours to even get to any of the cities they're playing in, let alone the venue.

(And yes, do also forgive me for being one of those poor people that haven't moved to live in the metropolis). :)
[/quote]

I'd say an hour and a half there and easily more on the way back. I appreciate it's not 3 hours, but my point is that despite the fact they've picked the capital city, they haven't picked a central venue, and it's not even the best one IMO.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1337077144' post='1654875']

[/quote]

Same :(

Which also means taking a day or 2 off work. Though I can get to Glasgow in far less time now.

I might still go though... me and a mate have been wanting to see them for yonks. Just get a cheapo hotel and have a night out in G'town!