Why become a member? ×

Octave pedals question

northstreet

Excuse me for being very lazy, I could probably find this out by doing some research, but..............

Most octave pedals I've seen produce a note one octave below the note you play. Is there a pedal that produces a note one (or two, or three) octave(s) above you play? I've been lucky enough to try a 12 string bass (low E plus 2x high E etc) and it sounded amazing. As I can't afford (or probably play) such a beast I was wondering if I could get a box of tricks that might replicate the sound?

Ok, the EHX MicroPog has both one up and one down which can be blended to taste with your clean signal.

The EHX POG has 2 up, 1 down and the EHX POG 2 (which is also programmable) has 2 up and 2 down.

The EHX HOG is arguably the most powerful, it has 2 octaves, -1 octave, Original note, +5th, +1 octave, +1 octave +5th, +2 octaves, +2 octaves + 3rd, +3 octaves, +4 octaves. It is also the most expensive by a long way.

Those are the Electro Harmonix offerings which seem to fit the bill, there are other manufacturers out there too but I only really know at the EHX ones to be honest.

[size=4]Maybe this one: TWA Great Divide Octave Divider [/size]

I think I remember this one having programmable octaves up to two above and 2 below *I think*
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kRK6UrOOI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1kRK6UrOOI[/url]

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1337423338' post='1659651']
Or if you've got a fair bit of money, theres the eventide pitchfactor? That can do 3rds 4th and 5ths above below aswell as all the standard octave stuff. Shep has one so im sure he'll be up for talking about it?!
[/quote]

The Pitchfactor is a beast for this - up for down 2 octaves and you can use every step of the ladder... And in one mode you have 4 voices at once! That setting of the pedal is basically a more versatile version of the Whammy range (though the unit does soooooo much more in other settings). It does cost a bomb though and I likely far more than you need.

The POG's as mentioned already are surprisingly good for the money at the Octave up thing.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1337347525' post='1658598']
Pearl octaver does one up. I think a BCer is working on a clone. I'll chase him up.
[/quote]
I've just ordered the PCB for a Pearl clone from Madbean too...