Why become a member? ×

Fender Pawn Shop Basses Finally!

Clarky72

Didn't Fender tell Gibson to change the original Thunderbird cos it looked too much like their basses?

Fast forward 40 odd years, will we see an actual "Gibson Lawsuit" as opposed to that fake one everyone goes on about in Matsumoku land (otherwise known as Egay) for Fender copying the design that they created to get around the original thunderbird looking like one of their basses? (albeit in the distance, on a foggy night with grit in your eye)

Anyone else clock that it's a 32" scale?
I wonder if they might be thinking of doing some more medium scale jobbys?
Apparently the Japanese 32" Scale Jazz and Aerodyne Basses are magical...

Eude

[quote name='throwoff' timestamp='1335946293' post='1638300']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AapS0QJ88W8&list=UUI7fys0WM62xF2jUlUdq0XQ&index=4&feature=plpp_video[/media]
[/quote]

Quite like the sounds on this vid, which surprised me....

Also....Why is in not neck diving either in the vid? Perhaps he was playing in a centrifuge or sumfink....

The thumbwheels and switches are what makes a Jaguar special. The chrome is beautiful and it can send a flash signal of light to the audience. How about a Jaguar Bass III ? It would have 3 pickups and 2 thumbwheels for each pickup. [6 total]. The regular active/passive switch and a series switch to get a nice "triple bucker" sound. It might need 2 batteries.

[quote name='benebass' timestamp='1335978818' post='1639010']
Think someone at Fender's been taking a bit of inspiration from the latest Reverend range...

[/quote]

Valid point brother.!

I sort of like it, but would only think of grabbing a lefty model and then reverse that. At £611 too pricing too.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1336201945' post='1642348']
Valid point brother.!

I sort of like it, but would only think of grabbing a lefty model and then reverse that. At £611 too pricing too.
[/quote]

Think they'll be significantly less than £611 in a few months - I love the Jag shape & prefer a 32" scale, so if I'm not tempted at that price then I can't see these flying out of the shops...