Why become a member? ×

FT/ Warwick Corvette (Passive, German, Ash & 2004)

Raslee

Recently got this in a trade but between trades I acquired a 90's Warwick Fortress and that seems to be my goto Warwick bass right now. It is however a lovely bass, very smooth with low action, tons of that Warwick growl and despite being passive its actually louder than my Fortress, plays like a very nice jazz bass,...very nice looking too.

There's a couple more things i need more urgently than this bass so i'm looking ideally for a trade for either:

a) A Markbass cab, must be 8ohms to sit under my Markbass 2x10 combo, preference is for a 4x10 but may consider 1x15 or 2x10 or W.H.Y +cash maybe

b ) 5 string bass W.H.Y.... favourites would be Lakland 5501, G&L 2500 or Fender 5 string maybe...wider string spacing please 17mm-19mm

c) May consider another 4 string, MIJ or MIA Fenders P or J's or an older 90's warwick with thinner neck...again W.H.Y

Trade wise i value this bass around £450+

Hope Jacqueslemac doesn't mind me using his sexy pics...much better than my iphone efforts!!!!

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As you can see, there's a little bit of discolouration where the owner before last didn't use enough wax when the bass was new. Apart from that, the bass is in excellent condition and comes with the rock case, owners manual and other case candy. I'm Devon based so guess couriers will have to be the way forward.[/font][/color]

Edited by Rasta

Cheers, I play a usa precision but considering something different as I'm starting to find the neck a bit chunky for some reason even tho I've played them for years. Could get a jazz again but considering something different altogether.

[quote name='Jacqueslemac' timestamp='1335816797' post='1636586']
A Jazz-like 38mm at the nut (from memory). The neck is chunkier than a Jazz, but much slimmer than my Mike Dirnt Precision. It's a fast neck.
[/quote] Yeah cheers mate that's the dimensions. The neck is significantly smaller than my bitsa P bass too :)

[quote name='Hank' timestamp='1335817599' post='1636599']
Cheers, I play a usa precision but considering something different as I'm starting to find the neck a bit chunky for some reason even tho I've played them for years. Could get a jazz again but considering something different altogether.
[/quote] Go for it, great bass ;)

Edited by Rasta

Would possibly be able to add a few £ to trade up for something, alternatively may consider cheaper basses + a litte £ my way...particularly interested in Squire CV's, Farida jazz etc etc

Edited by Rasta

I've got a Fender logo'd Squier VMJ with tortoise pickguard, Babicz bridge, fender knobs and neck plate plus cash if you are interested...

[IMG]http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/mmmbeard/IMG00050-20120501-1426.jpg[/IMG]