Why become a member? ×

PLEASE REMOVE ACG 9 string - DEAL DONE

7string

Unfortunately, I've come to the point where I'm having to sell my 9 string.

As some here know, I suffer from M.E./CFS and chronic pain and have done for 6 years now. I don't play bass or guitar anywhere near the amount I used to (hence I haven't been on here much lately) and the 9 is really getting neglected.

It's a fantastic instrument, brilliantly built by Alan, but as I say I don't really have the physical strength anymore. Not that this bass needs a player to be built like Arnie, I'm just not up to it.

The bass is in brilliant condition. I can't gig, can't work and hardly go out of the house(!) so its literally only been outside on a few occasions.

Spec:

Body: Ash w/mahogany top
Neck: Maple/wenge
Pickups: ACG w/Hipshot piezo bridge
Electronics: ACG-01 preamp, low battery indicator, switches for coil tap & piezo on/off.

Comes with a Hiscox case.

Price is £2800 o.n.o. If you have an idea for a trade + cash then just PM me.

[size=5][b]Serious enquiries only please. Trades + cash is always an option, just let me know what you have. Looking at 5's or 6's fretted or fretless. Sei is the first preference, but throw any serious ideas my way![/b][/size]

Edited by 7string

So sorry to hear that you're having to sell the ACG Mark. I well remember when you got the bass and how pleased you were with it. I was simply amazed by it and admired you for being able to play it! I can certainly vouch for the outstanding quality of this unique bass and also for the fact that Mark is a thorough gent and all round good guy.

Thanks a lot for all the kind word guys. It is much appreciated, more so because times have been so hard. I won't even go into changing of medications and the side effects. Turning into a hermit as well !!

I'm still managing to play, just nowhere near as much as I did.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1335817938' post='1636603']
Bring it to the EA Bassbash, you might find a buyer :-P
[/quote]

It's an awful long way from Glasgow, but if anyone is really a definite buyer then I would personally deliver it or meet up with them within a couple of hundred miles or so from Glasgow.

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1335813219' post='1636503']
So sorry to hear that you're having to sell the ACG Mark. I well remember when you got the bass and how pleased you were with it. I was simply amazed by it and admired you for being able to play it! I can certainly vouch for the outstanding quality of this unique bass and also for the fact that Mark is a thorough gent and all round good guy.
[/quote]

[quote name='4000' timestamp='1335814495' post='1636539']
Really sorry to hear that Mark. Best of luck with the sale and hope it goes to a good home. Mark's a great bloke and you can buy with confidence.
[/quote]

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1335857962' post='1636877']
So sorry to hear this Mark.
Bump for a truly fantastic instrument and an incredibly nice guy.

Cheers,
Eude
[/quote]

A very big +1 to all these comments. Top guy, beautiful bass (worth every penny) & such a sad story. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sorry to hear you having to get rid of this beauty, I can vouch for this bass being a masterpiece and unbelievably easy to play for its size (I have midget hands and I managed). Would have it in a heart beat but funds do not allow and it may look a little out of place in a folk punk band.

Oh I don't know Dan. Could be just the thing. :) Thanks for your kind words.

[quote name='binky_bass' timestamp='1335872672' post='1637236']
Anything you want to trade for it man? Have a look in my sig. I'd love this to be part of my ERB fleet.
[/quote]

Thanks for your message Binky. Sorry but the Nordstrand isn't really my thing. I do really appreciate your offer though.

Trade wise: Really looking a 5's or 6's. Fretted or fretless as I play both. As for brands, well Sei would be a first choice. Feel free to throw ideas at me though. There are too many brands to try and name :yarr:

[quote name='7string' timestamp='1335890666' post='1637646']
and playable !!
[/quote]
Hi Mark...Just like to say good luck with the sale. Any buyer can rest assured that Mark is a top bloke...All the best to you...John

[quote name='haimesy' timestamp='1335897380' post='1637755']
Hi Mark...Just like to say good luck with the sale. Any buyer can rest assured that Mark is a top bloke...All the best to you...John
[/quote]

I'll second that. I'm an ACG nut (I have 9 of them) and I can vouch for two things.

1. Mark is a great bloke to deal with.
2. The bass is built to the most exacting of standards.