Why become a member? ×

Re: A massive 'Thank You' to Basschat!

Phil Mann

Hi everyone,

In the 12months I've had some of the finest memories of my career to date. In November I was able to play on the same bill as Marcus Miller at BassDay UK in Manchester, then at the beginning of March I opened the main stage on the sunday at The London Bass Guitar Show before Yolanda Charles and Doug Wimbish, before playing conventional bass for TM Stevens at the end of the month. I never dreamed that these sort of gigs would come my way and now the pressure has finally passed and I can get back to my daily gigs, I've got the chance to look back and take in all the events!

I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I've been given in the last year, thank you for the support handed, both from old friends and so many new ones that I've made on here.

I just wanted to post and share a video report I found on youtube/ibass of the Manchester event with Stevie Williams. It was a very cool day for me and many that attended. I'm hoping to build on the experience going forward into 2012, both live with my solo set and in the classroom as a lecturer at The Institute, but wouldn't be able to achieve anything without the people around me.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCSjkJq_wRw&context=C42abd54ADvjVQa1PpcFM4irF2LaEs15LxdyKIdhQnkc0UGUSRois%3D[/media]

Thank you! :)

Phil

Edited by Phil Mann

Really good to see someone doing do well, and having such a good time.

Bizarrely, Phil, you were the first Basschatter I ever actually met, only I didn't realise it at the time. We chatted for five minutes in The Bass Gallery some years ago ... which was probably enough time for me to show how little I knew. :lol:

Thank you for sharing that, Phil. I wish I could have been in Manchester for the occasion. I was at the London Bass Guitar Show, but unfortunately only on the Saturday. I hope to see you play live on another occasion soon.
Well done on getting where you are, and keep up the good work!

Thanks guys, yeah, playing is great for sure! :)
It's lovely when someone comes up to you at a show and says "Hey Phil, I bought so and so off of you last month", with Paypal and couriering it's easy not to meet people you chat to/deal with here on BC. It's a great opportunity to put faces to the names. I think I'll make more of an effort to get to the 'bass bashes' around the country from this year, as I've never been to one as yet, perhaps even play at as many as possible if they'll have me!

Best,

Phil