Why become a member? ×

Ke$ha - Tik Tok Acoustic Cover

LiamPodmore

Hi all,

My band A Little Bit Outlaw have recently had another (much better i'd say) attempt at recording in our little DIY studio, this time an acoustic cover of Ke$ha's Tik Tok. Our singer (who did the video editing) has left the videos of me recording bass parts for the original cover in the video, whereas on the actual track we used there is no bass. We re-tracked everything except bass because it sounded like utter sh*te the first time, and we just left the bass out so it didn't clutter up the mix too much.

[b]Guitars:[/b] Matt Green and Louis Foulkes
[b]Vocals:[/b] Louis Foulkes and Marcus Johnson
[b]Percussion:[/b] Marcus Johnson
[b]Mixing/Mastering:[/b] Matt Green
[b]Pressing record/Making things work:[/b] Liam Podmore
[b]Video Editing:[/b] Louis Foulkes.

Gear wise was just 2 Ibanez Acoustics, a Lexicon Alpha, a £14 Peavey Mic, a cymbal stand and a Sieve as a pop shield (worked better than i expected it to)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOyMGZR-o_E[/media]

Any tips on making things sound better (i'm going to buy an actual pop shield one of these days) and general comments would be greatly recieved.

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1334914909' post='1623308']
.. and I had to google Jaret Reddick. And you should do the next one in Glaswegian.
[/quote]

We'll admit his name isn't that really well known, just take the p*ss out our guitarist a lot, and yes, so do i, it would make for an entertaining video.

Thanks for watching,

Liam

[quote name='mentalextra' timestamp='1335347113' post='1629500']
Great video, although I dont know if I would be confident singing what is essentially a girl sing about boys.

Or, has something huge just gone right over my head! lol
[/quote]

I think the main thing is that we actually don't really care what we sing, we're just out to have a bit of fun, and if that means we end up singing a girls song then so be it, it's all just a bit of banter, as we put it. We just play whatever we feel like playing, whether it's Ke$ha, Pokemon, or anything.

On another note, thanks for listening.

Liam