Why become a member? ×

S.O.S. from Headless in Harrogate

Born 2B Mild

Seems Genz-Benz have a riot on their hands, as the Shuttles are getting feverish reviews and GB are struggling with supplying the equally feverish demand. The one I ordered over a month a go, is not going to be in my hands in time for this Saturday's gig. Carelessly, my spare amp was sold recently to help pay for it!

Anyone local with an amp I can borrow for this Saturday please? It's for my semi acoustic band, so it doesn't have to be very powerful. I will be using my fretless JB with a J-Retro pre-amp, so an Active input choice would be useful. The cab is a Schroeder 1210 4ohm. We are doing it as a freebie for a new pub that's starting out with live music, so hiring is out.

If you can help out but are wondering if you'll see your amp again, I dare say I can leave you with something of equal value as collateral (a nice bass for example). I live in Harrogate and will happily pick up & drop back promptly.

Ta.

:)

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='177016' date='Apr 15 2008, 01:26 PM']I'm not gigging on Saturday so you can borrow my Ashdown MAG 300 if it's any good to you?
It's in a rack and there's a power lead and 1xjack and 1xspeakon output leads that all live in there as well.
No need to leave anything in it's place.
Jon[/quote]

Great. PM sent.

I was at work, so all I could see in your previous post was a blank square with a red cross in - didn't know if it was a piccie or a film clip or what. My band are supposed to be playing the same venue in the future when they've sorted noise level issues out so I'll be interested to see how the gig goes.

Edited by Adrenochrome

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='177184' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:25 PM']I was at work, so all I could see in your previous post was a blank square with a red cross in - didn't know if it was a piccie or a film clip or what. My band are supposed to be playing the same venue in the future when they've sorted noise level issues out so I'll be interested to see how the gig goes.[/quote]
That's probably happened because your work place has blocked youtube videos.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='176722' date='Apr 14 2008, 10:34 PM']Seems Genz-Benz have a riot on their hands, as the Shuttles are getting feverish reviews and GB are struggling with supplying the equally feverish demand. The one I ordered over a month a go, is not going to be in my hands in time for this Saturday's gig. Carelessly, my spare amp was sold recently to help pay for it!

Anyone local with an amp I can borrow for this Saturday please? It's for my semi acoustic band, so it doesn't have to be very powerful. I will be using my fretless JB with a J-Retro pre-amp, so an Active input choice would be useful. The cab is a Schroeder 1210 4ohm. We are doing it as a freebie for a new pub that's starting out with live music, so hiring is out.

If you can help out but are wondering if you'll see your amp again, I dare say I can leave you with something of equal value as collateral (a nice bass for example). I live in Harrogate and will happily pick up & drop back promptly.

Ta.

:)[/quote]

Seen this post too late but if you need anything in the future I'd be happy to help out & I'm in Harrogate.
(Markbass, Ampeg, Epifani)