Why become a member? ×

Dub and tings....

MafianBass

I play in a bass heavy band and have always struggled to find a bass rig to cope with my specific needs.....
I nearly always use LPF and octavers to get a seriously heavy dub tone. works great in the studio and thru a big PA, but on stage i'm just not getting the brutal bone crushing bass that I deserve!!! haha

How can i achieve my wish for mighty bass? 10,000watts??? Valves??? 1x18?
Please guide me Basschatters!!!

There was a Barefaced Dubster cab for sale on here a while back.
http://barefacedbass.com/product-range/dubster.htm
If anything can handle your mega low frequencies, it's that! What head do you have currently?
If you also need high end however, I'd suggest looking at the others in the range.

Sounds like you might get on well with the guys in who frequent [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/72012-drum-n-bassdubstep/page__st__560__p__1607987__hl__dubstep__fromsearch__1#entry1607987"]this thread[/url] what with their crazy electronic tendancies :)

Spent last night checking out the barefaced stuff and it sounds like I need a dubster and one other cab for highs... I am also playing with the idea of running a 1000w+ power amp, splitting signal via internal crossover....
Anyone else here done this before??

[quote name='MafianBass' timestamp='1334309837' post='1614118']
Spent last night checking out the barefaced stuff and it sounds like I need a dubster and one other cab for highs... I am also playing with the idea of running a 1000w+ power amp, splitting signal via internal crossover....
Anyone else here done this before??
[/quote]

Work around the cab. If you can do 1000w and want highs, then the Big Twin is the one to go for, Dubster is about making a lot of less power and not needing highs. The Big Twin is to convert massive power into massive lows and has its own crossover to be full range. I think xgsjx is thinking of the Big Twin, the Super 12 is the middly aggressive rock cab (which is great for that, but isn't epic lows).

Just to show this isn't one of those 'thou shalt have my rig' posts, here's my rig, which is basically what you described, Barefaced 2x15 for lows, and another cab for highs:
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Incarante/Rig002.jpg[/IMG]

Kind of different tonal goals, since the tone will effectively delete all of the rest of your band.

Its really worth sending Alex @ Barefaced an email. He is super helpful with getting you where you need to be.

I run a Dubster, huge low end shove, it'll take 1000 watts all day, with a surprising amount of detail in the mids and highs. Along with Reggae and Ska I play a lot of Punk and it works great, it does not sparkle up top but for me, I dont want sparkle.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1334314111' post='1614254']
Have a look at the Super 12. Pantherairsoft plays in a Dubstep/electronica band & says it has phenomenal low end (now I want one! :( )
[/quote]

It's actually a Big Twin.

Which is the one to go for if you still want the high end, even the one without the tweeter. It does him well in the dub and sub stuff he does.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' timestamp='1334321174' post='1614463']
I think xgsjx is thinking of the Big Twin, the Super 12 is the middly aggressive rock cab (which is great for that, but isn't epic lows).
[/quote]

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1334416163' post='1615964']
It's actually a Big Twin.

Which is the one to go for if you still want the high end, even the one without the tweeter. It does him well in the dub and sub stuff he does.
[/quote]

You guys are right. :) I think because it's loaded with 12's is why I thought it was the Super 12.