Why become a member? ×

Hi to all from Coventry

classrock

Big hello to you all
Love 60,s / 70's music. Mowtown, funk, rock etc...
Gigged mainly with coporate bands between 98-05, but got into writing/recording after that.

My current gear is:
Sunburst '73 Fender Jazz ( black block ). Never selling. With me till I die !
Warwick Streamer Jazzman
ZON Sonus cc4 fretless
2004 Aguilar AG 500
2004 GS 212

The Aggy stuff was the first into this country, via Dave Boonshoft. It's as new with covers.
I need to sell it as well as the ZON. I want a pre EB Stingray, like Briggy's !

God Bless

[quote name='classrock' timestamp='1334431496' post='1616239']
HI Buddy. I was born in Tile Hill north.
I live in Coundon now, close to work.
I build the famous London Taxi !
Where are you from pal.
[/quote]

I grew up in Tile Hill, lived in Wyken before the family moved out of Cov

[quote name='classrock' timestamp='1334431496' post='1616239']
HI Buddy. I was born in Tile Hill north.
I live in Coundon now, close to work.
I build the famous London Taxi !
Where are you from pal.
[/quote]
Ah, Coundon. I went to Coundon Court School. I was born in Styvechale but grew up in Allesley. I left Cov 30 years ago, I only went back twice, very shortly afterward. I never want to see the place again after what friends tell me it's like now :) I hope it's not as soulless as they say.

Hi Classrock, from Chapelfields

[quote name='silddx' timestamp='1334505302' post='1616937']
Ah, Coundon. I went to Coundon Court School. I was born in Styvechale but grew up in Allesley. I left Cov 30 years ago, I only went back twice, very shortly afterward. I never want to see the place again after what friends tell me it's like now :) I hope it's not as soulless as they say.
[/quote]

Nigel - your friends sound like so many typical Coventry detractors who need to get out (in Coventry and open their eyes) more!!!
You could never describe a city as inventive and creative as Coventry, pop. currently 350,000 (inventing the bike/being centre of watch and weaving industry/centre of car industry/host to a diverse arts industry/host to a multi-nation and multi-faith population, with over 200 different languages currently spoken in city schools, AND the best goal ever scored in an FA Cup Final, 1987!!) as soulless. It's the usual thing of beauracrats, architects and politicans making decisions about the city to create what is, yes, a hobgoblin of styles and quite a lot of concrete, but there's no chance the city is soulless. Sounds like you're due a trip back - you might be surprised what you've been missing out on!! :) :lol: <_< :P

This has been a public service announcement for the [size=5]COVENTRY Liberation Party [/size][size=5] [/size][size=5] :ph34r:[/size]

[quote name='Jigster' timestamp='1334532758' post='1617409']
Hi Classrock, from Chapelfields

Nigel - your friends sound like so many typical Coventry detractors who need to get out (in Coventry and open their eyes) more!!!
You could never describe a city as inventive and creative as Coventry, pop. currently 350,000 (inventing the bike/being centre of watch and weaving industry/centre of car industry/host to a diverse arts industry/host to a multi-nation and multi-faith population, with over 200 different languages currently spoken in city schools, AND the best goal ever scored in an FA Cup Final, 1987!!) as soulless. It's the usual thing of beauracrats, architects and politicans making decisions about the city to create what is, yes, a hobgoblin of styles and quite a lot of concrete, but there's no chance the city is soulless. Sounds like you're due a trip back - you might be surprised what you've been missing out on!! :) :lol: <_< :P

This has been a public service announcement for the [size=5]COVENTRY Liberation Party [/size][size=5] :ph34r:[/size]
[/quote]

Depends very much on the area. To my mind Cov has always been the same, a rough diamond. It's n worse than any other major city really. Maybe with the passing of time it's lost a little of that "Blitz Spirit" that my Grandparents generation had as that generation passed away. My cousin still lives there as do a couple of mates. She does have a bit of grief (was burgled and had house trashed, kids trying to put bricks through the windows) but she does live in a rougher part of Willenhall. Likewise one of my mates lives in Henley Green but he hasn't had an ounce of hassle.

I'd hope that with the passing of those generations the old place hasn't completely lost it's soul - I remember when my parents moved from Tile Hill to Stoke Heath the neighbours coming round with pots of tea and sandwhiches. Be horrible if it had, I always felt Coventry had that sort of community spirit second only to the east end of london.

Thanks TommyK
I like Ray's too. I had a '98 5-string with Status graphite neck.
My heart pine's to own my mate's '76 Stingray, the bass I learned to play on !
He won't sell it. I've been hounding him for 20 years.
I've got a guy looking at a '78 in the states for me this week, if it all adds up i'll have it.

• 4 weeks later...