Why become a member? ×

USA made SVT 2 Pro Amplifier £700

Kaiu

Hi guys,

I finished touring a few years ago and have decided to sell my rig as it is now just gathering dust.

AMPLIFIER FOR SALE: The SVT 2 Pro is one of the last US made models I believe. It has that classic Ampeg tone (especially through the cabinet!) and it has been a dream. Unfortunately given I'm not playing large venues anymore I have no use for this amp and it's overkill as a practice amp.
It's been rack mounted all of it's life and as everything was always mic'ed it has never really been pushed to it's limit. £700 for the amp.

THE CABINET IS NOW SOLD - This cabinet is US made and I believe it's from 2005/2006 judging by the serial number, so it is fairly young compared to quite a few other 8x10's I've seen on the market. It is also capable of running in dual mode.

I am the second owner, the first just used it in his living room.
I bought this in late 2008 and toured it for just over 18 months. I imagine it's done around 100 gigs but it has always been mic'ed up and never pushed to it's limit (I used in ear monitoring systems). It comes with a padded case.

It's in fairly good condition, however the loss of the rubber studs has meant the base is a bit torn up. It is all cosmetic however and I'm sure it wouldn't cost much to repair and the rest of the cab is in great condition.

The equipment is based in North London. Viewing advised, I like buyers to know exactly what they're getting.

£475 for the cab

thanks,

Ed

Edited by Kaiu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes the cabinet has two vertical 'rails' on the back. You can just make out part of one in the 5th picture. They aren't metal though, they are rubber. They do the job of protecting the cabinet but aren't quite the same as the chrome ones I've seen on other cabinets.

I apologise, I've just realised I don't have a full picture of the back of the cabinet. Unfortunately I'm not back up in York now until around the 25th of July so I can't get any more pictures until then.

Ed

Edited by Kaiu

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Icunningham' timestamp='1344882344' post='1770638']
i need this head but have no means of getting it :(
[/quote]

It's a beast! Definitely the best head I've owned. I had an Aguilar DB750 prior to this and although it was amazing in it's own right it just wasn't Ampeg ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...