Why become a member? ×

Eden WT550. 2x10, 1x15.

Harrythebassdawg

Hi folks, I am currently in the process of purchasing an Eden WT550, fom the states after loving it when i played it. - It's just half the price over there!

Anyway it will cost far too much to ship some cabs over, and they are quite highly priced over here.

I'm most likely looking for a 2x10 and a 1x15 both at 8ohms, so i can use one cab for smaller jazz gigs, and both for larger ones.

Can anyone help me out and recommend some cabs that I should try that may compliment the sound of my wt550??
(Or piont me in the way of some reasonably priced/second hand eden cabs?)

Cheers
Take it easy
Harry

I use an ashdown mini 4x8 and mini 1x15 with my wt 400 because i wanted a smaller rig.

I originally had an eden 2x10 xt and a 1 x15t and i dont think they were particularly special, but I have used an eden 2 x10 xlt and that is a really great cabinet. It is very efficient and has a good response even with a 5.

If I could carry one, I think these days i would be inclined to go for an eden 4x10xlt and not bother with a 15

[quote name='bumnote' post='176027' date='Apr 14 2008, 08:23 AM']I use an ashdown mini 4x8 and mini 1x15 with my wt 400 because i wanted a smaller rig.

I originally had an eden 2x10 xt and a 1 x15t and i dont think they were particularly special, but I have used an eden 2 x10 xlt and that is a really great cabinet. It is very efficient and has a good response even with a 5.

If I could carry one, I think these days i would be inclined to go for an eden 4x10xlt and not bother with a 15[/quote]

cheers, yeah i really could do with a 4x10, like my ashdown at the minute. but i want the possibility of a smaller rig at jazz gigs. If i got eden cabs it would definatly be xlt, or maybe a 210xst - havent tried an xst though!

I use my WT400 with a pair of 8 ohm 210 XLTs.

I bought one of them second hand from the Gallery before I got the head and plugged my old GK MB150 combo into it to see what it was like. I was completely blown away. Handle a five very well and are certainly the best 2x10 I've ever used. They are not lightweight though...

Suspect the Eden 12 cabs are v good too. If you go for Eden cabs make sure you get the right impedance for the head, as they come in both 4 and 8 ohm versions.

I use a pair of Aguilar cabs for my WT300; both GS112's. They're deceptively loud and compliment the Eden very nicely IMO. A little mid-scoopy if anything, but it's just as if you've got an extra notch available on your 'Enhance' knob :)

As well as the lovely sound they're compact and light, and a single cab couldn't be more suited to Jazz gigs. Good prices too, and there seem to be a few used ones flying about on here recently. You're welcome to come and try my rig if you're curious to hear them, I'm about an hour north of London.