Why become a member? ×

Bass Player (Pro or Semi-Pro Work Wanted)

CountBassist

Bass player, living in East Cleveland, is looking for potential work either with a band or via deputising.

Experience gained via formal training in music then worked with both Coverdale and Rea in their original line-ups. Recent experience with ceilidh, folk (Teesside Fettlers), popular music and big bands (Musicians Unlimited). Have undertaken live radio work, both national and local, and national TV work over the years.

I have Mark Bass equipment and four and five string electric basses. I’m currently getting back into playing doubler bass and also play tuba and trumpet. I have a reliable 4X4.

I read, both music and chords, and also able to play without dots and create bass-lines for original music. I write, and won through to the semi-finals of the UK National Song Writing Competition in 2008.

Looking to work with professionally minded musicians, possibly of mature status – like me, and would prefer to work one or two nights per week maximum in the North East area. I’m not keen on pub work and in no rush to find a ‘best fit’ band.

I am currently self-employed, will declare any potential earnings and I’m member of the Musician’s Union and hold public liability insurance through them.

Please feel free to contact me via 0787 981 1904